Gore Mountain Conditions

Did Anyone ski in the trees today? Trying to decide on gore or whiteface tommorow and would appreciate any reports. If glades are halfway skiable at gore I’ll be there. If not it looks like whiteface getting another 5 inches before opening bell tommorow morn

Great day. Heavy snow should help preserve a base. Skied ever run on the high peaks twice a well as Topridge and Uncas. Didn’t get to sagamore which I wanted to do, but lower Darby was still skiing great at the end of my day so lapped that a couple times and called it a day.

Gore was awesome today. I'll give them the 10-18. So much floating.

@Scottski63 and I got to the cabin 630 sat night, it snowed maybe 6 inches until 1130 and then turned to rain. We went to bed. In the morning there was another six inches and it was much lighter snow. We went to gore and it snowed all day.

Gore was in the wheelhouse for this storm.

twig-boy.jpg

Twig Boy

Breakfast at Scotty's now.

Last edited:
Did Anyone ski in the trees today? Trying to decide on gore or whiteface tommorow and would appreciate any reports. If glades are halfway skiable at gore I’ll be there. If not it looks like whiteface getting another 5 inches before opening bell tommorow morn
Hardly any glades opened. I did ski Barkeater late in the day. Actually ended up on it after patrol had closed it because they forgot to put the rope up, and ended up behind sweep. Luckily they let me on the lift at the bottom, so I didn't have to hike up Cedars.

1000004886.jpg

1000004887.jpg

1000004888.jpg

Gore’s saying 20” at the tippy top now.
Bear's cam show the trees twitching and still snowing.
1710110751856.png

Looks to be not as dry at the base.

Gore certainly has its windy spots that can be cold but the way it's set up now It's pretty unusual for windholds to cause major problems.

What the hell ya think was gonna happen with a bunch of snow starved skiers & dang boarders & piles of untouched snow waiting?
Relax, yer part of the hungry folks too.
A few minutes late start to allow the worker bees to get things going safely ain’t a reason for bitchin IMO.
Enjoy the snow sno.

I was in no way complaining about the number of people who showed up. I've definitely seen it more crowded. My point is that if so many customers can be there early to ski, then so can the employees needed to open the lifts on-time. It's a recurring issue for Gore and I'm far from the only one to bring it up.

My point is that if so many customers can be there early to ski, then so can the employees needed to open the lifts on-time.
Twas daylight savings time (clocks moved ahead an hour) day so without that ya got on the lift early, according to yer internal bioclock, actually by just time traveling.

Did ya ski till the bell rang?

Back