Gore Mountain Conditions

where the hell are you supposed to eat Monday-Wednesday in the area if your accommodations doesn't have a kitchen!?
Yes, my wife wanted to go out to dinner for my birthday on Tuesday, but we ate in. Tried Wednesday, but everything was closed. We were staying on Friends Lake and it looked like the closest open places were in Warrensburg. We settled for sandwiches.

Yes, my wife wanted to go out to dinner for my birthday on Tuesday, but we ate in. Tried Wednesday, but everything was closed. We were staying on Friends Lake and it looked like the closest open places were in Warrensburg. We settled for sandwiches.
Gore isn't know for its apres ski scene. It's a commuter mountain. Best to stay in Lake George and eat at the log jam every night.

Gore isn't know for its apres ski scene. It's a commuter mountain. Best to stay in Lake George and eat at the log jam every night.
& if coming in from the southwest, Sparkle City (Speculator) and vicinity has some places to eat. The Oxbow Inn, The Inn @ Speculator & Acorn Pub @Oak.
Ya might wanna check b4 if they’re gonna be open cause there’s no stoplights.

Can someone please offer an update on what to expect on the green trails off Bear Cub Quad and Sunway Chair? I have been on the shelf for nearly 3 weeks with Covid, Covid Rebound, then damn near pneumonia. But I want to ski Monday. From what I see there has been little natural snow and not a lot of snow making on those trails. Does constant grooming take a toll as well? When I was last there (early Feb?) it was okay but I worry what conditions might be like after such a long snowless stretch as well as coming off a high traffic vacation week. I will probably go regardless so long as Bear Cub Quad is running. BTW Mid March I head to Florida to join fellow retirees. When I get back at the start of April will these green trails be skiable or basically abandoned? I imagine they could be low traffic and hard to maintain? Thanks.

Back