Gore Mountain Conditions

First day at Gore in about 15 years, this time with 13 and 11 year old granddaughters. Bluebird day and despite the cars in the parking lot (we got there about 8:20) the slopes were not crowded. Snow was good for most of the day although it was getting scraped in spots by mid afternoon. The girls were impressed, especially the younger as she's never skied anyplace other than Bristol. Back tomorrow and Thursday for more fun.

First time up at Gore today, making use of the SKI3. Drove up from Jersey this morning and managed to get on hill around 11. Snow conditions seemed pretty good, things got nice and soft throughout the day, zero wind, lots of sun. Looking forward to spending a bit more time learning the mountain.

20240220_143112.jpg

Crowds are MIA this week
In my experience after Monday becomes much less than a normal weekend. I haven't skied Gore much mid week, but I imagine midweek this week they run all the lifts they can. Have heard here that they don't run many lifts Tuesday/Wednesday during a normal mid week.

Crowds are MIA this week
Not just there, too. Skied on every lift except the tram at Jay for the Monday holiday, then the same at Bolton yesterday. I know VT school kids aren’t on break this week, but the crowds were much more formidable the same days last year. Perhaps the cold weather kept people away.

Last edited:
Have heard here that they don't run many lifts Tuesday/Wednesday during a normal mid week.
Benny to the white courtesy phone!

🤠

Called a audible
I’m at bell
woke up after not sleeping well or feeling great...Bell was very good..around lunch time it got a bit skied off

Gore actually does have a water problem.
It’s called r**n.
If they want to upgrade (which they need to do), then they'd need to look into increasing their permit for water withdrawal.
They’ve recently enlarged the snowmaking reservoir to account for the difference in river/res. pump capacity...
Are ya saying the capital allocated last year for snowmaking wasn’t enough and/or spent correctly?
Check out May ’23 ORDA board meeting & this article.
If Hudson water withdrawal permit was the bottleneck ya’d think it’d be mentioned by someone else sometime.

Back