Gore Mountain Conditions

When I asked Mike about this years ago, he said the permitted limit was 9000 gallons per minute, but he system could only use about 6000.

I believe. That was years ago too.
I think with the new low energy guns it allows them to blow more snow, at least it seems like this year they have blown a lot more snow than previous years.
Snow is all knowing, nice conditions today. Bluest of the birds
Yes, excellent day today. Cold but bluebird. Great conditions. Darkside was fun. Upper Darby was open. They even opened Powder Pass in the afternoon, even though it was almost already skied off by the time they did! And Twister finally opened too!

Anyone ski sagamore, I did once on Saturday it was ok but report says not being groomed? Why?
They've been doing a lot of race training on it. We skied it a few times after lunch, it was very nice, a little icy towards the bottom but plenty of snow up top.

They didn't have gates on Sag this morning and there was quite a bit of powder as well as up high...but nothing at the bowl...odd. I would have stayed late today but I was singing the Senor Berkshire Jerry Blues...Binding Malfunction on Rumor of all places although I didn't realize what it was until my next run skiing untracked in Straightbrook glade under the chair when someone from the lift said "your missing something" and my ski was one bump behind. I tried to fix it at the base of Topridge but it was too cold on my bare hands so I cruised back to the bowl much slower in hopes the ski didn't come off again,

Great day today and perfect weather though a touch cold to start. Definitely 3" up top and probably half at the main base. Couple Showcase laps at the bell was perfection. Quicksilver great too. After heading up top Lies was awesome and got 3 runs in enjoying the fresh before it started to get piled. Hawkeye and Chati next both great. Rumor was ROTD as all the fresh snow got pushed down and made for some great soft bumps and powder piles. Darkside was decent. Was a treat to ski Upper Darby even though it was skiied off when it opened. Topridge softened just enough to warrant a couple runs. Didn't go to BR or the Bowl as the pull of Rumor and the summit was too strong today.

Excellent end to a great long weekend of skiing and conditions far exceeded expectations. I also made Gores Instagram post for today. Second time in my skiing career I've made one of Gore's photos of the day!

Attachments

• PXL_20240219_173653149.jpg
    PXL_20240219_173653149.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 75
We stopped by around 3:20 or so to pickup up the kids passes and get our Frequent skier passes loaded. Glad we did as I'm sure it saved a bunch of time we would have spent in the morning.Looked busy by the number of cars, although tomorrow may be somewhat lighter as it's not a holiday. Haven't been here in about 15 years, so it'll be a memory refresher.

We stopped by around 3:20 or so to pickup up the kids passes and get our Frequent skier passes loaded. Glad we did as I'm sure it saved a bunch of time we would have spent in the morning.Looked busy by the number of cars, although tomorrow may be somewhat lighter as it's not a holiday. Haven't been here in about 15 years, so it'll be a memory refresher.
Wasn't busy at all today. Tomorrow will be even quieter

Back