Gore Mountain Conditions

Open Pit?

Why Gore doesn't call that new snow ....

Open Pit?

Why Gore doesn't call that new snow ....
You definitely should chalk up 3 to the season tally despite them not reporting it. They definitely got that up top and Quicksilver had at least half that this morning. When I skiied it seems it was groomed early vs the other lower mountain trails or even up top which mostly was done after (except Lies which was loaded).

If this was Killington or anywhere else in VT minus MRG you bet they would have somehow found a way to report at least 6"

They've been doing a lot of race training on it. We skied it a few times after lunch, it was very nice, a little icy towards the bottom but plenty of snow up top.
Sagamore is now being given away to the race program? As if Echo being closed almost every weekend wasn't good enough for them? You've got to be kidding me.

Sagamore is now being given away to the race program? As if Echo being closed almost every weekend wasn't good enough for them? You've got to be kidding me.
It wasn't closed, just training on the sides. Which left Echo totally open for the masses. We were debating if we would prefer Echo always open and closing down Sagamore on race days instead. Echo is probably a better trail for racing though,

I've definitely seen them both closed, though not this year.

Echo is designed to be the race trail, and Sagamore isn't. After expanding snowmaking capacity, they need to cut another trail from Burnt Ridge to the main base. This would unfortunately be the end for Cirque Glades, though it's seldom open anyways.

Training on Sagamore is less disruptive than Echo. It's too bad they can't race there as well.

mm

Very impressed with the conditions this week. You could tell it was starting to soften up with the warmth the next couple of days. ROTD Twister all 5 times we took it! Echo was nice as well. They opened Boreas and there was plenty of fresh snow. Going to try Whiteface for the first time in a few seasons tomorrow.

Back