Gore Mountain Conditions

Even when it's not wide open...I can always find a way to have fun until,at least, either Beck's or Tommy Guns opens. I was thinking of trying to get 50K tomorrow just for something to do and then I saw the weather report...Beck's isn't open...lol

WEDNESDAY...Partly sunny. Isolated snow showers in the morning.
Highs around 14. Northwest winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to
40 mph, diminishing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill
values as low as 14 below.

I don't understand how you could do that. I did 20k at Gore on Friday and I thought my legs were going to fall off. (I am in decent shape...I play soccer every week and run triathlons when the weather is nice.)

It is done with big gs turns.
At my home mountain, Belleayre, the very top reach of distance for one run is 1.75 miles and you have to really go out of your way to pull that off. At Gore, you can easily hit 3.5 miles (Straight Brook Lodge to the bottom of Burnt Ridge) but there's a lot of skating involved. In theory, one could probably go all the way to the yurt and get 4.5 or even 5 miles on one run if your lungs and legs could do it.

That’s one of the reasons why I asked @snoloco what his total mileage was when he put up his "Total of 27 runs and 32,387 vertical feet.” stats the day he skied every mountain at Gore...

Gore’s sold out now for Sat-Sun.
Only 180 tickets left for Monday.
That’s with M-F season pass black out

Last edited:
If the goal is purely to max vert, ride the BRQ or AE2 (on a weekday).

What is impressive about what @snoloco did... he skied the entire mountain, when it was fully open.

Even when it's not wide open...I can always find a way to have fun until,at least, either Beck's or Tommy Guns opens. I was thinking of trying to get 50K tomorrow just for something to do and then I saw the weather report...Beck's isn't open...lol

WEDNESDAY...Partly sunny. Isolated snow showers in the morning.
Highs around 14. Northwest winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to
40 mph, diminishing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill
values as low as 14 below.
Beast mode

FYI, the high school sectional races at Gore originally scheduled for Tuesday 2/13 have been postponed to Wednesday 2/14 in anticipation of at least some participating schools having a snow day tomorrow making it so they'd be unable to attend. There will be both slalom and GS races.
Closest snow day to Gore yesterday was in New Paltz.

At my home mountain, Belleayre, the very top reach of distance for one run is 1.75 miles and you have to really go out of your way to pull that off. At Gore, you can easily hit 3.5 miles (Straight Brook Lodge to the bottom of Burnt Ridge) but there's a lot of skating involved. In theory, one could probably go all the way to the yurt and get 4.5 or even 5 miles on one run if your lungs and legs could do it.
High point on Upper Steilhang to the Yurt 4 miles 2500 vf. Did it Friday.

Back