Gore Mountain Conditions

FYI, the high school sectional races at Gore originally scheduled for Tuesday 2/13 have been postponed to Wednesday 2/14 in anticipation of at least some participating schools having a snow day tomorrow making it so they'd be unable to attend. There will be both slalom and GS races.

I was surprised to see snowmaking on Rumor this morning, because I didn't think it was cold enough. Overall, today was a good day. It wasn't particularly crowded, and I got plenty of good runs. That being said, there were some points of frustration. Echo was closed for racing all morning, but the racing was done at around noon, which would normally allow the trail to open. But they didn't groom the upper section, so it remained closed all day. Then there was Showcase, which is still a thin ribbon at the bottom, despite mutiple opportunities to resurface it. And with the freestyle competition on 2B, you can't bypass it anymore. Additionally, Twister and Sunway have significant bare spots. Also, the summit, particularly the High Peaks side, was a sheet of ice, with no attempt made at regrooming.

Today's run count:

Gondola -> Foxlair, Wild Air
Gondola -> Uncas, Lower Uncas, Tannery
Topridge -> Pine Knot
Straightbrook -> Hawkeye
Straightbrook -> Chatiemac
Straightbrook -> Open Pit
Straightbrook -> Cloud, Santanoni
High Peaks -> Headwaters, Tannery
Topridge -> Foxlair, Quicksilver
AE2 -> Twister
AE2 -> Showcase
AE2 -> Sleeping Bear
North -> The Loop, Pete Gay
North -> Sunway, Pete's Paradise
AE2 -> Twister, Echo, Gully, Cedars
Burnt Ridge -> Backwoods, Peaceful Valley
Hudson -> Moxham
Hudson -> Moxham
Hudson -> Peaceful Valley, Eagle's Nest
Burnt Ridge -> Sagamore
Burnt Ridge -> Backwoods, Eagle's Nest
Burnt Ridge -> Sagamore
Burnt Ridge -> Hedges
North -> Wild Air
AE2 -> Wild Air
AE2 -> Wild Air
AE2 -> Lower Sunway

Total lift count:
AE2: 7
Burnt Ridge: 5
Straightbrook: 4
North: 3
Hudson: 3
Gondola: 2
Topridge: 2
High Peaks: 1

Total of 27 runs and 32,387 vertical feet.
This your typical progression of lifts?

Gore is big.

How many miles @snoloco?

I was surprised to see snowmaking on Rumor this morning, because I didn't think it was cold enough. Overall, today was a good day. It wasn't particularly crowded, and I got plenty of good runs. That being said, there were some points of frustration. Echo was closed for racing all morning, but the racing was done at around noon, which would normally allow the trail to open. But they didn't groom the upper section, so it remained closed all day. Then there was Showcase, which is still a thin ribbon at the bottom, despite mutiple opportunities to resurface it. And with the freestyle competition on 2B, you can't bypass it anymore. Additionally, Twister and Sunway have significant bare spots. Also, the summit, particularly the High Peaks side, was a sheet of ice, with no attempt made at regrooming.

Today's run count:

Gondola -> Foxlair, Wild Air
Gondola -> Uncas, Lower Uncas, Tannery
Topridge -> Pine Knot
Straightbrook -> Hawkeye
Straightbrook -> Chatiemac
Straightbrook -> Open Pit
Straightbrook -> Cloud, Santanoni
High Peaks -> Headwaters, Tannery
Topridge -> Foxlair, Quicksilver
AE2 -> Twister
AE2 -> Showcase
AE2 -> Sleeping Bear
North -> The Loop, Pete Gay
North -> Sunway, Pete's Paradise
AE2 -> Twister, Echo, Gully, Cedars
Burnt Ridge -> Backwoods, Peaceful Valley
Hudson -> Moxham
Hudson -> Moxham
Hudson -> Peaceful Valley, Eagle's Nest
Burnt Ridge -> Sagamore
Burnt Ridge -> Backwoods, Eagle's Nest
Burnt Ridge -> Sagamore
Burnt Ridge -> Hedges
North -> Wild Air
AE2 -> Wild Air
AE2 -> Wild Air
AE2 -> Lower Sunway

Total lift count:
AE2: 7
Burnt Ridge: 5
Straightbrook: 4
North: 3
Hudson: 3
Gondola: 2
Topridge: 2
High Peaks: 1

Total of 27 runs and 32,387 vertical feet.
It takes a lot of work to get 30K+ at Gore. Usually involves a fair amount of Burnt Ridge and a start and finish at the ski bowl. You skied the mountain like a true engineer! Very efficient.

Last edited:
30k is not that difficult at Gore when you are skiing what we are skiing now. yes Burnt Ridge is the easiest but I did 17,500 from 8:30 to Noon on Sunday and I started at the bowl and went all around from summit to base and no Gondola. Best vert is obviously Burnt Ridge but Bear (gondola yuck) can rack up some vert quick. AE II amd Straightbrook. A mix of any over a full day can get you close or over 50K. I would prefer 15-20K with woods and bumps...

It takes a lot of work to get 30K+ at Gore. Usually involves a fair amount of Burnt Ridge and a start and finish at the ski bowl. You skied the mountain like a true engineer! Very efficient.
If the goal was vert and ski everything, it's quite impressive. Methodical.

I assume all of that data comes out of an app? Please tell me you can't do that from memory!

...about yer route.
Looks like Gondi to:
Topridge to North to HP to SB to Hudson to BR to Bear.
Most of yer runs were on BR.
Overall, today was a good day. It wasn't particularly crowded, and I got plenty of good runs.
Gondi to:
TR to SB to HP to TR to Bear-Base to North to Bear-Base to BR to Hudson to BR to North to Bear-Base.
Again most of yer runs were on BR.
Looks like ya got around more too.
There’s a lot of ways to have fun skiing at Gore when it’s nice & wide open.

I was surprised to see snowmaking on Rumor this morning, because I didn't think it was cold enough.
~2pm today.
1707851575368.png

There she blows.🐳🐳🐳🐳

Back