Gore Mountain Conditions

Ways to eliminate skating from Gore.

Permanently close all the terrain except North and East sides.

Close the mountain and develop a different mountain.

Other alternatives: ski somewhere else, switch to tele, spend massive amounts on transfer lifts, quit the gym and enjoy the exercise, keep skiing and repeating the 'most horizontal.'

Other options I missed?

There is no getting around it. It you want to ski the entire mountain at Gore, you may inadvertently get some exercise.

I find Pipeline so relaxing I don't mind the skating. We once did a little race where I took Tahawus to Pipeline and BR and our friends took Twister to Twisters little sister. They won handedly, but I still prefer Pipeline for the scenery.

Now that my kids are old enough to do their own skating cloud to the saddle is the only traverse I find really annoying. Maybe they can put a conveyor belt there like they do in the airport?

According to today's snow report, they will make snow only on Fairview, Wild Air, Pot Luck and Arena. That's just Fairview + the course for the competition that will be run Presidents Week. Nowhere else. NO lower Steilhang, no Rumor. WTF?

mm

"the competition that will be run Presidents Week"...
So looking at the Presidents Week, which would be the least crowded day to visit?
Beyond Sat, Sunday, and of course Monday is there a day that might be less hectic?
I was thinking Wednesday might be good?
But I did not know there were Competitions, or maybe other events as well?

According to today's snow report, they will make snow only on Fairview, Wild Air, Pot Luck and Arena. That's just Fairview + the course for the competition that will be run Presidents Week. Nowhere else. NO lower Steilhang, no Rumor. WTF?

mm
Folks have been pumpin there since it got cold awhile ago.
Weather hasn’t been conducive for Mt Gondolas since they went to The Bowl and other trails they wanted open..

NO lower Steilhang, no Rumor. WTF?

mm
Rumor's lit and so are the stars-planets.
1707180993441.png

Last edited:
The report still says they are setting up on Rumor, like it has for 5 days now. I assume they'll hit it after the weekend. It has taken too long. Not sure about anything else.

Be glad that they moved the competition from January 28th to now. Otherwise Burnt Ridge and then ski bowl would've opened much later if at all.

The report still says they are setting up on Rumor, like it has for 5 days now. I assume they'll hit it after the weekend. It has taken too long. Not sure about anything else.
The lights went off on Rumor.
AccuW says North Creek is 10F now and going back to 12F tomorrow. With the low humidity it should be good for blowing snow. Similar windows next week.
Be glad that they moved the competition from January 28th to now. Otherwise Burnt Ridge and then ski bowl would've opened much later if at all.
The timing of the events/weather/priorities gotta be some kind of Mtn Ops science, especially at Gore with all the connectivities.

My misfortune continues... I chose to not ski on Monday based on the inaccurate Expected Lifts to be open published on Sunday afternoon. It was corrected on Monday morning but I stayed home thinking Wednesday would be fine. Oops, my "go to" Bear Cub Quad lift is listed as closed for Wednesday. Oh well, maybe Friday? Or I could hope for a Wednesday morning update... Of course now I wonder if it was a simple scheduled closure or a breakdown that could last for a few days?

Back