Gore Mountain Conditions

This is the first time I've ever heard anything about the price of a gondola cabin.

It seems like a lot of money but I really don't know what others have paid.
I asked @Peter of Lift Blog about this.

The cost is in line with what others have paid. The cabin are aluminum, and handmade in Europe.

This is what I expected. The production of cars is more automated, and much larger volume.

He agrees that pricing is crazy, but ORDA's price is no different than anyone else's price.

The cost is in line with what others have paid. The cabin are aluminum, and handmade in Europe.

This is what I expected. The production of cars is more automated, and much larger volume.
Cabins might be engineered here.

Last edited:
I missed out on the old Red Gondola cars as a souvenir. Still see plenty hanging in front yards. I'll have to start planning for the bigger cars? Double seater outhouse? Maybe a really awesome truck cap? Mount some wheels and have a Gore tag along camper or food truck? Cool vegetable stand? Or maybe the best ever ice fishing shanty! Think my choice would be the ice fishing shanty!

I missed out on the old Red Gondola cars as a souvenir. Still see plenty hanging in front yards. I'll have to start planning for the bigger cars? Double seater outhouse? Maybe a really awesome truck cap? Mount some wheels and have a Gore tag along camper or food truck? Cool vegetable stand? Or maybe the best ever ice fishing shanty! Think my choice would be the ice fishing shanty!
I guess I should start planting the seed that we may be purchasing a used gondola cabin soon. I think if I start now by summer she may give in. :ROFLMAO:

I’m seeing one (or two) in the back yard modified into a chicken coop or mini greenhouse.

What if you buy a Gondi cabin and then have to move it to a new house? Seems like it would be a huge hassle. Would you have to hire a flat bed tow truck? A fork lift?

maybe I can buy 3 or 4 and make them into a modular home, which is where I would sleep after I buy 3 or 4
They have different writings, stories & #’s on em so ya could be able to pick out yer favorites. Might save ya some cash on interiors designs.

Could be nice. ie. This our Tahawus Room...

He agrees that pricing is crazy, but ORDA's price is no different than anyone else's price.
PXL_20240131_144905119 (1).jpg

here's one way to get a "cabin" for less than 40K. (suspect it would not be well received, however)

Back