Gore Mountain Conditions

For a long as I have been following Gore snow reporting (2008) they have been reporting snow totals from the base.

Gore has recently switched to reporting snow totals from the summit.

It's marketing I get it, but IMO the base number is more valuable. I may consider using Open Snow which does an estimate from 2800 feet.

Saw this on twitter last night from LiftBlog. Should make for some interesting discussions on here :ROFLMAO:

"Subject to approval at the next ORDA board meeting, Gore Mountain plans to purchase 73 new gondola cabins from Leitner-Poma for $3,055,977. That's $41,863 per gondola cabin.”

Just read the Snow Report for Monday. Gore's choices in lifts to operate is sure confusing. I realize it is a Monday but having both the Express and Sunway Chair not running? I will ski trails off the Bear Cub Quad but my daughter will be disappointed. Another breakdown issue? Or staffing shortage? So the only lift choices will be Cub Quad and the Gondola? For most... the Gondola will be the only choice. Disappointing.
The reason is that they are making snow on Showcase. The chairs were offloaded at the end of today. It's pretty common for lifts to be closed for snowmaking on the lift line trail, especially where the guns need to be placed close to the lift.

Since the gondola reopened, they've been running it, the AE2, and Bear Cub every day. The Sunway chair was weekends only. They should open Sunway in place of the AE2 tomorrow, but it's Gore so they won't.
It’s 29F at 11AM in the north creek.
Ya don’t wanna blow ❄️at that temp.
There’s a ladder at the bottom of AE2 now.
Mighta got a work out with the weather.

Last edited:
Will my skis fit in the rack of these new babies?
I really hope so. I’m long tired of being the guy with my skis either dangling from the snowboard slot or having to bring them into the cabin. A bungee cord to secure them in the wind wouldn’t hurt either. Quite of few resorts with that style gondi have that. Puts a bit more on the lifties, but well worth it. I would imagine the eyebolts to attach them are an aftermarket installation, so I better start suggesting it to someone now lol

I can buy a suv that sits 6 for that price
Who the heck makes these deals?

Back