Gore Mountain Conditions

Conditions right...I had fun today!! Honest the off ramp is coming...Not Yet
not Yet 12524 Day 30.jpg

Fingers crossed Sunday's storm brings fresh snow. My last two days at Gore have been packed powder. I am beginning to wonder if they will be my two best days of the season? I try not to ski on school vacation weeks, so that shrinks February. I taught for nearly 40 years so a mountain full of out of control teens is not on my to do list. Yeah, I know they are just having fun. In March I head to Florida. What once seemed like a long season is looking shorter and shorter. The recent rain and fog even made me contemplate re-gripping my golf clubs. But I fought off the urge, for now at least.

No, Hudson...Never made it past Sagamore, where for a while was like my avitar...it was clearer at the top of Burnt Ridge then you went through the cloud, only to start seeing the bottom when you got to the last steep section. Very surreal but the conditions...dare i call it, corn. The woods, too much work, there is a reason they had the ropes up. Anyone ski today? I am going to skip tomorrow and pray for the storm on Sunday and Monday.

Friday the snow was soft and coverage good most everywhere. Uncas and lower Uncas have great coverage this season. Pine Knot plenty of snow. Hawkeye edgeable. Tahawus/Sleeping Bear very nice. Showcase some pooling water and thin spots. Skiing was good despite the rain, but would imagine a different story after it gets cold again.

Back