Gore Mountain Conditions

Because it is a quad. If it was a double there would have been a line to the AdExp at 945.

You stated the answer - IF they opened HP at 830 - but they didn't. That is how Gore operates.
I also think we are a little spoiled, even the Ae2 line on Sunday wasn't terrible. Our secret is out...anyone think Burnt could be open soon?

IF they opened HP at 830 - but they didn't. That is how Gore operates.
Ya gotta go to know and then even sometimes ya don’t.
1704812379754.png

10AM today.
It’s like some kinda dang puzzle.

Every trail you mentioned was cut twice as wide as it should have been.
False.
There is no reason to lay down a soccer pitch of snow on trails a hundred meters wide.
The Arena is the only trail at Gore that approaches 300 ft wide and that is only for the bottom 500ft. The looker's left of the Arena used to be a half pipe. There are no other trails wider than 200 ft. The NYS Constitution allows trails up to 200ft wide. The 200 foot width linit was created for safety reasons during ski racing and other competitions. Most trails at Gore are way under 200 ft wide.
Some time ago on this thread I made my pitch for the Gore Reforestation Initiative, where trees would be planted on these skiing boulevards to bring them back to a manageable width.
Gore is in an APA approved intensive use area and one of only a handful of ski areas in the Ad Park. There might be thousands of areas in the 6 million acre Ad Park that might need actual remediation. Gore is not one of those areas.
It’s green, and saves water, power, money and time.
It is next to impossible to narrow ski trails. It will only cost money and not save water, not save money and not save time.
Those trees could grow into new glade skiing right next to the existing trails.
It could take decades for new growth and contribute to more crowding on trails reducing safety.
Gore may have set a record this season with the miles of trails open early. If what that takes is blowing snow narrower so you can more efficiently open more trails sooner, I’m all for it. Work smarter, not harder.
Instead of worry about a the sides of ski trails, why not come up with a plan for the now closed McIntyre Mine in Tahawus? There is a 300 ft high tailings pile on the site of that mine that spills into the Hudson River. Maybe you could apply your expertise to that pile of tailings.

I also think we are a little spoiled, even the Ae2 line on Sunday wasn't terrible. Our secret is out...anyone think Burnt could be open soon?
Unless there is a lot of earlier season natural snow, Burnt Ridge opens mid-Jan.

Instead of worry about a the sides of ski trails, why not come up with a plan for the now closed McIntyre Mine in Tahawus? There is a 300 ft high tailings pile on the site of that mine that spills into the Hudson River.
The google earth aerials show some dang blue water @ Tahawus right next to mighty Hudson. 🤔

Ya can ski for free in Newcomb. 200ft down with a T-bar.

Back