Gore Mountain Conditions

No intention of being the interfering , helicopter mom. But I doubt the instructor wants to send out a search team looking for "a mom in red coat with a white helmet" when he gets stubborn or crashes into the safety net. I just thought there might be a "mom or dad" type ticket when you know the adult will be on the lower mountain all day. We will work in out....
As for the school group mentioned... Our local mountain, West Mountain, does run after school lesson or open ski with a designated night. BUT his school does not provide transportation. That damn, my mom works gets in the way. We bought separate package for his snowboard lessons last year. Worked okay. But the kicker was neither the school package or on your own lesson package could be used on vacation weeks or holiday. So he gets a board and boots for Christmas and can not use the lesson package the Christmas vacation week, or MLK weekend, or Mid-winter vacation week in February. We did make it work but it was a bit haphazard. Gore would not be his regular lessons. I just liked their instructors and thought it would be a great intro....
I didn't mean to sound harsh. If you took it that way, I apologize.

Again, these instructors are pros. Whatever your kid does, it won't be the first they've encountered it. Guaranteed this child will get done with the lesson with a big smile on their face.

With our daughter, at age 3.5 we started with BJ Prior, she was perfect, kind of a young grandmother. The next year she wanted "an older kid" like more of a big sister, and we switched her to Erin Barton. She had at least 5 or 6 years of lessons with Erin. BOTH Erin and BJ were recommended to us by OTHER members of ski school that we knew. @MC2 turned us on to BJ.

IMO most or all of the instructors are good, but some could be more suited to a given specific situation.

Who here knows the current roster of Gore ski instructors?

Looking through my Gore pics from Saturday...

I just remember, I saw three skiers drop into Chatiemac trees.

It yikes'ed me,

If ya get to the tippy top ya can see the sun rise above islands above the inversion.
1703592601776.png

Fog lights warranted below.
1703593861572.png

Last edited:
Gore’s report now says they’re sold out of e-tickets for the 28th-30th.
Belle & WF now each have >800 e-tickets left for each of those next few days.
🤔

Any guess what the magic "Sold Out" number is ?
I imagine it fluctuates based on trails open and lifts running...
Current conditions maybe 1800? Higher? Lower?
Thanks to the joys of retirement (17 years now) I can wait for better conditions and smaller crowds.

Back