Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore Ski Rule #13 Check Basecam Before Leaving Summit
I concur with Harv's assessment. Not great but we'll be back tomorrow.
Of note is the snow cloud created by the snowmaking, accumulating in Wevertown. Maybe Hawkeye tomorrow ungroomed?

It may be X-ed out but it’s loading folks now.
I messed up. The Sunway chair was spinning. Can’t see the Bear Cub Quad from the base webcam. I haven’t got a clue if the Bear Club spun.
There’s other “lifts” in the beginner areas though.

The other lifts are magic carpets. Those runs are not long enough to help me much. Yet each time I take the Sunway Chair I get a few too many areas that are too steep for me given the conditions. Catch 22 gone bad. Next trip WILL include a lesson but I have my fingers crossed the lesson could include B C Quad trails. But since it will be a weekday I worry the B Cub Quad will again not be running. Now I am worrying I might not be able to trust the Snow Report paragraphs. BTW Will I be able to book a lesson after I get to the mountain. Given the changing conditions and lifts I hope so. I guess I am just jinxed.

Uh Oh As of today's end of day report, Gondi not running tomorrow. No Bear or Summit if we believe this report.

The snow report has an alert that says "The Northwoods Gondola will be closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience."

The snow report has an alert that says "The Northwoods Gondola will be closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Liftblog reports there’s an RFP to replace Northwoods Gondola cabins in 2024.
Tomorrow begins 2024.

The gondola has been the least reliable lift for years but the whole operating plan depends on it. If they opened AE2>Wood In>High Peaks first no one would care if the gondola was down. Instead they start with the gondola and now there are no black trails at all. I hope this doesn’t distract them from covering Arena for the competition course.

mm

Back