Gore Mountain Conditions

I'm not sure when the last time you were in Wilmington was but it's far from withering. There are at least five restaurants open for dinner and another two breakfast spots. Property values have soared since the pandemic and although they have stabilized or even come down a bit, they're still double what they were in 2019. During the summer and fall the mountain biking scene continues to grow as more trails are developed or improved. The motels don't often fill up because most folks Airbnb it these days.

As far as staying in Wilmington versus LP, I don't blame anyone for wanting to stay in a beautiful touristy town like LP while they're on vacation. When I pick vacation spots, I am definitely thinking selfishly....but then again I'm probably thinking selfishly most of the time, I'm kind of an a**hole.
I didn’t realize how long it had been, but it was 2015 that I was there for a weekend officiating at an event. Then the only restaurants left were Wilderness Inn (now closed) and Hungry Trout. Italian place closed, Steinhoffs closed (been going there since the 70s. Hope the dioramas are intact.), even the local store. The organizers provided us bag breakfasts and lunches as there was nothing else. I just did a search and I’m happy that there are several new places there.

I didn’t realize how long it had been, but it was 2015 that I was there for a weekend officiating at an event. Then the only restaurants left were Wilderness Inn (now closed) and Hungry Trout. Italian place closed, Steinhoffs closed (been going there since the 70s. Hope the dioramas are intact.), even the local store. The organizers provided us bag breakfasts and lunches as there was nothing else. I just did a search and I’m happy that there are several new places there.
Please start a new thread. This doesn’t have anything to do with Gore conditions. Thanks!

Got bumps?
1679514506346.png

I have to say the bumps on Lies were a little more normal. I couldn't get a consistent line on Rumor. Today is the reward for all the shit we have to ski during the season! Anyone ski steihlhang? That was interesting. I wish I didn't have to go to work but I made it until 1. That is a beautiful picture above

I was very disappointed in the conditions last weekend, shame about the rain turned to boilerplate. Now it's raining again but snow on the way? They're predicting mixed precip for sat, but will it be all snow on the mountain?

I was very disappointed in the conditions last weekend, shame about the rain turned to boilerplate. Now it's raining again but snow on the way? They're predicting mixed precip for sat, but will it be all snow on the mountain?
There's supposed to be warm air aloft which means sleet and freezing rain. Elevation not going to help in that situation as the higher you go warmer it gets. At least that's how the forecast is trending last few updates...

Doh! not what I was hoping for. Now I have to sit through a 40 degree rainy soccer game Sat morning!

Back