Gore Mountain Conditions

New Ski Bowl Lodge overview bid results.
Looks like there’s work to be done.

Ski bowl was open today, and if the 3 groomers that went down last night had been able to do what they do, it would have been an even better day.
I believe the ski bowl was closed today but the rest of the mountain skied great. Todays rain is light and I don’t expect much damage.

Now get back to arguing over the ski bowl.

Tom
So maybe I was a bit too optimistic about conditions for today. It was pretty rough today although I did not get to the summit. I’m hopeful that the groomers will be able to churn up the hardpack and make for a good day tomorrow.

Tom

Even I though yesterday was awful. I started at the Bowl and toured all over looking for the last places the groomers hit. My picks of the day were Pine Knot, Backwoods and Oak Ridge. My back was shot from Friday. Did anyone ski and enjoy Lies? Skipping today for tomorrow.

A bit breezy at the tippy top at 10 to 11.
1679237693873.png

I don't have any insider info, I just think you never know.

Of all the infrastructure proposed for Gore over the years, not counting this most recent round, the only idea that I saw, that never happened, was known to us at the time as "Lift 14." It was to connect the Ski Bowl to the Gore base. As you might imagine, I wasn't in favor of it.
That’s eventually going to happen

That’s eventually going to happen
And I will still ski Gore after it does. I don't claim to actually know if it is a good idea or not.

Any idea when so I can get mentally prepared? :)

By the way, thanks for adding some humor to the discussion by mentioning rare sport of Biathlon. The cost to participate in Biathlon makes skiing look affordable. The Empire State Games Biathlon Super Sprint Race in Feb had a miniscule total of about 37 (thirty-seven :oops:) participants over all age groups. That included all male and all female athletes starting with boy/girl (age 13-16) ranging up to Master 70 (age 70+).
There’s also the summer Empire State Games to consider as well.
Empire State Senior Games is gonna be held in The Crown City of Cortland NY in June.
There is “Cards” competition category and ya can stay&play at the Holiday Inn.
Too much winning.

Back