Gore Mountain Conditions

Yesterday was a top 5 day if the year. The surprise snow was amazing. Spent the entire day in the trees, Borias was excellent.

Got out late today as I was waiting for friends to come up from downstate. Very nice afternoon spring conditions. Very excited for the first non kid, mid week ski session, and then of course there is the snow Tuesday.

Gondola was running by the end of the day, a lifty commented to me the other day about “new gondolas” not sure if she meant just new baskets for the skis or totally new gondolas.
Definitely could see new cabins. They are pretty beat and gotta be getting near the end of their useful life. Love to have one to hang in my back yard :ROFLMAO:

Gore's gondola needs some serious attention. The cabins are in severe disrepair, the lift breaks down often, and when it's open, it is typically slow as shit. Whiteface's gondola has been so much more reliable since the refurbishment in 2020.

Gore's gondola needs some serious attention. The cabins are in severe disrepair, the lift breaks down often, and when it's open, it is typically slow as shit. Whiteface's gondola has been so much more reliable since the refurbishment in 2020.
Don’t forget ORDA's approved resolutions to put in a zip-coaster-“anchor attraction” thingy

Skied Gore yesterday. Conditions were excellent! I skied 46er for the first time and did a few laps there. It’s steep! There weren’t any bumps to duck into either. Uncas and Topridge were very soft and fun! We took my friend’s 11 year old daughter down Topridge for her first time and she did great thanks to coaching from OC Jeff. Open Pit was scratched off by the time we got there. I declined a lap on Rumor or Lies. They looked very scratchy/slick at 3:30pm when we got over that way. I never got my labs in on Hawkeye or Chatiemack, because patrol had already closed those when we got there. I still have more to explore after this storm!

betty.jpg

Back