Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore has designed their lift queues to be as inefficient as possible.
Dude I get that it's not ideal on a busy day. But it's not "designed to be inefficient." Gore did what they could with the money at hand, at the time. That's different that designing it to be inefficient.

Eventually I'm sure BR will get more crowded and they will addressed it.

I want it now.

They spent probably 8 million dollars on the lifts. The gates are not cheap, I was told 25k for a 4 lane gate, but a fraction of what the lifts cost.

I learned this from the ornery liftie at the AE2 back in December 2019 when she screamed at me for bumping into it when it didn't open when I expected it to. Apparently I really offended her because the next lap she yelled at me for skating too fast on my snowboard. One of several unpleasant interactions I've had with Gore lifties.

It was out-of-your-mind good today. Windy early but it died down mid morning, absolute bluebird day. Anything facing north which hasn‘t gotten much sun was best, from Barkeater to Tahawus to Powder Pass to everything on the Dark Side. Got to Topridge a bit too late, the soft snow just starting to set up as the sun got low. Wanted to ski Narrows and Chatterbox, no more time, no more legs.

Great day today. Wasn't here for the pow wow last weekend as I was at Steamboat (which also was a pow wow and awesome), but the mountain skiied great. ROTDs we're Abenaki and Ski Bowl Glades. Lapped them multiple times. Basically skiied BR and the Ski Bowl all day although I did go up top to start and though it was good not as good as BR and SB. Sun made an appearance for the last couple hours. They definitely got at least 4" up top last night which helped.

I can't ever remember skiing Abenaki or Ski Bowl glades with coverage this good. It's nice to not have to worry about hitting anything. Tomorrow should be just as good and more sun. Great to have potentially 16" in the forecast too for early next week. Was this weekend as good as last skiing trees at Steamboat. Hell no, but it was still damn good today.

Gondola not running this afternoon? Warm Bluebird day, no wind. Hope it’s not serious

Gondola not running this afternoon? Warm Bluebird day, no wind. Hope it’s not serious
I saw that too. Hope the same.

Wonderful day with perfect conditions. Didn't get in the woods as my back exploded skiing the Straightbrook lift line bumps so stuck to the trails. Lies, Topridge, and Sagamore were ROTD candidates. Lies was probably #1, maybe best conditions I've ever skiied it with the fresh groom and warm March sun keeping it soft but not turning it to mush. Many Lies were told.

Yesterday was a top 5 day if the year. The surprise snow was amazing. Spent the entire day in the trees, Borias was excellent.

Got out late today as I was waiting for friends to come up from downstate. Very nice afternoon spring conditions. Very excited for the first non kid, mid week ski session, and then of course there is the snow Tuesday.

Gondola was running by the end of the day, a lifty commented to me the other day about “new gondolas” not sure if she meant just new baskets for the skis or totally new gondolas.

Back