Gore Mountain Conditions

There’s a spot on Eagles Nest where it cuts off to a snowmobile path and some power lines , we saw a bunch of tracks going off this direction and against my better judgement decided to follow them. Half way down through deep relatively untracked snow we come across a teenager who lost his ski. Except his boot was still in the binding, he was trying to get out of the snow walking with just a sock. Took me a while get him to a good spot to get his boot back on and into his skis. He went down a few feet and then decided it was best to walk out of the ravine we were in. I’ve never seen someone lose a ski and a boot. I can’t imagine how cold his foot was. I hope he called it a day after that.
For years I saw that Eagles Nest sign and thought the trail to the left there was a Gore ski trail, but it always had a rope up. Then I thought it might be the legendary “trail to Beck’s“ - turns out that is the Schaefer Trail on the Ski Bowl side of the Roaring Brook bridge. I use ridewithgps.com for cycling/hiking/skiing - go to it, select Route Planner, and the OSM Outdoor base map. You will see a lot of interesting stuff. The trail you were on almost comes back to Eagles Nest, then makes a big S turn and comes back into Cedars above the Burnt Ridge base. Snowmobile trail? Mountain bike trail?

Did you time it? @Duck did the whole thing in something crazy like 11 mins and something.
It’s not a race. And we were “guiding” a couple of skiers who had never done it before. One of them did her first double black on 46r.

There’s a spot on Eagles Nest where it cuts off to a snowmobile path and some power lines , we saw a bunch of tracks going off this direction and against my better judgement decided to follow them. Half way down through deep relatively untracked snow we come across a teenager who lost his ski. Except his boot was still in the binding, he was trying to get out of the snow walking with just a sock. Took me a while get him to a good spot to get his boot back on and into his skis. He went down a few feet and then decided it was best to walk out of the ravine we were in. I’ve never seen someone lose a ski and a boot. I can’t imagine how cold his foot was. I hope he called it a day after that.
Boots must have been really loose. FWIW. Never heard of that happening.At least it wasn’t’ really cold. Glad ya helped

Last edited:
Still some goods if you look around. Huge crowd today, but definitely good.
20230305_125909.jpg

20230305_125915.jpg

My son is there again today. Yesterday seemed to be very crowded everywhere but the lifts. Lines still pretty short today?

My son is there again today. Yesterday seemed to be very crowded everywhere but the lifts. Lines still pretty short today?
No. Not at all. Shitshow with no lift line management. Hp, TR, and SB lifts all decent. Everything else seemed backed up. BR line was to first tower. No singles line or anything.
20230305_103801.jpg

20230305_103752.jpg

Back