Gore Mountain Conditions

The lines weren’t so bad. We were in the Burnt Ridge line all the way back to Pipeline but it was only a few minutes. After we went straight back to the BRQ through Barkeater the line was almost gone. When we got to the North quad a patroller told us there had been a line but we missed the worst of it. Not bad for Sunday after a storm.

mm

We got first gondola this morning and then right onto straightbrook which we were surpsied was open so early. Hawkeye was groomed to perfection. Top 10 run of the year. We had to leave early to head back downstate for a basketball game. At 10:30 people were still walking up the access road after parking about halfway between H and G.

My son and I skied from the get go to 2 pm , access road 730 , parked up against paid parking. Never really encountered a line, never went back to the base till we quit.
Saw alll the ropes at Burnt Ridge at 1pm , no line there at all.
Very fun and tiring day!

Was backed up to basil and wicks at 8am, drove into NC and ski bowl. Was on Hudson chair at 830am. Lots of bumps and un groomed runs. Wish they groomed a bit more as sagamore wasn’t really worth it nor was 46er but would have both been great if groomed. All the glades were good, did cave for the first time. Lower Darby and Hella were good. Honestly all dark side was good. Upper steli sad mogul city and power was closed. Wild air and showcase were fine but not as good as when they were really groomed before the storm, figure that one out. Lies was scratch but decent lower half. Most of the runs were bumped by noon and I headed home.

Was backed up to basil and wicks at 8am, drove into NC and ski bowl. Was on Hudson chair at 830am. Lots of bumps and un groomed runs. Wish they groomed a bit more as sagamore wasn’t really worth it nor was 46er but would have both been great if groomed. All the glades were good, did cave for the first time. Lower Darby and Hella were good. Honestly all dark side was good. Upper steli sad mogul city and power was closed. Wild air and showcase were fine but not as good as when they were really groomed before the storm, figure that one out. Lies was scratch but decent lower half. Most of the runs were bumped by noon and I headed home.
Trees > Trails today.

I was also surprised to see cars backed up at 8 am as well. I don't consider 8 to be super early, but not slacker hour either. My guess is a lot of it is racers and their families trying to make start times or whatever

That being said I didn't think the lines were that bad, though being a single helped. I also liked the bumps on a lot of the trails. Only chatty was icy

In my experience when a Sat or Sun offers clear roads from the south but is still perceived as a ‘powder day’ after a storm, you need to be on the access road by 750 or so to avoid a backup.

Back