Attachments

• PXL_20230303_162128646.jpg
    PXL_20230303_162128646.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20230303_171651731.jpg
    PXL_20230303_171651731.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 87
What’s the trail path for that? I tend to avoid the pipe line
Without the Pipeline, you can’t get there from here. Our fear is that with Backwoods complete, Gore will eventually abandon Upper Pipeline, and then a single top to bottom run will not be possible.
Yesterday we started at the natural high point, the top of Upper Steilhang (the manmade high point, where your skis touch snow exiting the High Peaks chair, is a couple of feet higher). US to Cloud, Tahawus, Peace Pipe, Pipeline over the bridge to PeacefulValley. If Wood Out is open, then anything on the Dark Side is in play, but then Pipeline is much more of a slog without a running start off of Tahawus and Peace Pipe.

12+ at Gore is accurate, still snowing lightly. It’s dense powder, even by NY standards, but ain’t nothing wrong with surfy powder. Mountain is skiing great. After a meh ‘rope drop’ on the Topridge side (at 9:00, so much for the chair opening at 8:30) I scored second Straightbrook chair and dreamy first track through Straight Brook Glades. A couple three Double Barrel laps and I’m going to ski my way (Dark Side?) back toward the base to meet up with my son and his girlfriend for lunch. Sorry, taking pics this am would have been like having friends….not on a powder morning! It’s gonna be a good rest of the day!

12+ at Gore is accurate, still snowing lightly. It’s dense powder, even by NY standards, but ain’t nothing wrong with surfy powder. Mountain is skiing great. After a meh ‘rope drop’ on the Topridge side (at 9:00, so much for the chair opening at 8:30) I scored second Straightbrook chair and dreamy first track through Straight Brook Glades. A couple three Double Barrel laps and I’m going to ski my way (Dark Side?) back toward the base to meet up with my son and his girlfriend for lunch. Sorry, taking pics this am would have been like having friends….not on a powder morning! It’s gonna be a good rest of the day!
No friends, no ropes, no incriminating photographs.

Back