Gore Mountain Conditions

No doubt, Gore attracts skiers who love it.

Today I was talking to people on the lift, they were really having fun.

Objectively, is Gore really great, or do we just love it? Or is that the same thing?

I’m no Gore homer, and with everything in play I’d say Gore is great. More interesting than Whiteface if you ask me. From lift lines like High Pines, Double Barrel, and Dar…well, High Pines and DB, to sooo many good glades, to steeps and long groomers. It’s easy to forgive some of the funky layout.

I’m no Gore homer, and with everything in play I’d say Gore is great. More interesting than Whiteface if you ask me. From lift lines like High Pines, Double Barrel, and Dar…well, High Pines and DB, to sooo many good glades, to steeps and long groomers. It’s easy to forgive some of the funky layout.
I will just add that Whiteface with EVERYTHING in play, meaning the Slides…..that beats Gore, easy.

The Slides are worth the extra hour each way, if you ask me. Of course, who knows if we’ll ever see the Slides open again….
Hey! Haven't been in there, believe myself more than capable if someone is willing to take a rookie in. I have a probe, shovel, and beacon. What else do you need to go in? Would like to not go solo my first time. Maybe when I am heading up and if I am solo I will shout it out to the group and see if any kind takers : )

Haven't been in there, believe myself more than capable if someone is willing to take a rookie in. I have a probe, shovel, and beacon. What else do you need to go in? Would like to not go solo my first time. Maybe when I am heading up and if I am solo I will shout it out to the group and see if any kind takers : )
I'd take you in (if, if, if). Slide 1, the first, is probably the easiest. Now, to get in.....
Best case is that you can get in like any other trail. Other cases are where you need probe, beacon, shovel and partner. Next is just a partner. Oddly, you don't actually have to ski with that "partner," you just need to get in the gate. I don't know/can't remember is there's a scenario where you need a probe, beacon, shovel but no partner.

Folks, maybe @MC2 especially, what sort of ability would you say is needed to ski the Slides? Maybe being able to go down Skyward with 6" of tracked powder and no visibility?

@Harvey this response should probably be moved....not sure where, though.

Back