Gore Mountain Conditions

Yesterday there more cops than skiers, and parking and security was easy. No lift lines at all. If they were counting on spectators, WUG is a giant FAIL, at least at Gore.
View attachment 17517
We should organize a protest against $9.50 beers in the bar, and $11 outside.

mm

Don't complain about beer prices, just bring your own. A 4pk of sunrise session IPAs is $10 at Stewart's
I haven't bought a beer in the Gore bar since beers were $6, but between WUG rules and other circumstances it was the best alternative yesterday. It's sad that a prestigious international competition didn't generate enough traffic on Peaceful Valley Road to keep Beck's open.
A 24 oz Genny Black is 8% ABV and $1.59 at Stewart's. One of them puts me into DWI territory.

mm

Last edited:
It's sad that a prestigious international competition didn't generate enough traffic on Peaceful Valley Road to keep Beck's open.

mm
That sucks.
Most of the competitors are legally able to imbibe in their home countries.

That sucks.
Most of the competitors are legally able to imbibe in their home countries.
My high school age kids enjoying a bucket of beers on Aruba
2A418272-734F-4210-B73B-08583219FD68.jpeg

I brought my boot bag into the lodge both days I skied last weekend and didnt get searched or stopped. just to be careful I had my beers in my jacket on saturday, sunday I took my chances. Rules are made to be broken ;)

I haven't bought a beer in the Gore bar since beers were $6,

The Eisenhower Administration :D

The Gore bartenders, I just can't get their attention. I'm embarrassed that I've probably spent close to $X000 on beer at Plattekill, maybe I've spent $X0 at Gore. Honestly with how often I ski Gore, it's probably a good thing, the way it is.

I brought my boot bag into the lodge both days I skied last weekend and didnt get searched or stopped. just to be careful I had my beers in my jacket on saturday, sunday I took my chances. Rules are made to be broken ;)
I love the board in the security tent with the pictures of banned items. Got a good laugh from the “explosives” picture with the Wile E. Coyote dynamite bundle. All it was missing was the ACME logo

Back