Gore Mountain Conditions

That is the thread I was referring to.

I was actually thinking of starting a Thread Hall of Fame, like they have at TGR.

We got on the gondi once with the bad line and I timed it at about 16 minutes. Then we stayed up for a while and got lucky that Ae2 opened when we came down. Not sure if I hit the worst of the Gondi line. You can always tell if Gondi is bad by looking at Sunway! If it has anything that looks like a line you are in trouble. After that Ae2 up for a bit.
The line got as far as the flag pole near the parking lot at its worst

Gore conditions insanely good today. Spring skiing, mash potatoes; you could not find ice on the mountain (or at least I didn't and I think I skied almost every open trail except for Topridge and the high peaks trails.

Thank you Gore team. Slight constructive note: even though lifts closed at 330 up top, most of the trails (all as far as I could tell) were roped off by 3:20. We were planning to do lower darby to the High Peaks quad around 320 but all of the trails in were roped off.

Oh yeah, you could find ice at the saddle, that was massive.

Open pit had super fun bumps around 3, and now I know why Cloud is called Cloud given the cloud only at the very top at 3.

Gore conditions insanely good today. Spring skiing, mash potatoes; you could not find ice on the mountain (or at least I didn't and I think I skied almost every open trail except for Topridge and the high peaks trails.

Thank you Gore team. Slight constructive note: even though lifts closed at 330 up top, most of the trails (all as far as I could tell) were roped off by 3:20. We were planning to do lower darby to the High Peaks quad around 320 but all of the trails in were roped off.

Oh yeah, you could find ice at the saddle, that was massive.

Open pit had super fun bumps around 3, and now I know why Cloud is called Cloud given the cloud only at the very top at 3.
With a limited number of patrollers to close and sweep many trails, ropes may go up earlier. Also, the last skiers under the rope need time to ski down to the lift and ride it out of that pod before the lift closes.

even though lifts closed at 330 up top, most of the trails (all as far as I could tell) were roped off by 3:20. We were planning to do lower darby to the High Peaks quad around 320 but all of the trails in were roped off.
This always pisses me off. It can cost you an extra run depending on which ropes go up when, and is very inconsistent. I'm convinced it's only done for their own convenience because Killington never closes trails early like that.

This always pisses me off. It can cost you an extra run depending on which ropes go up when, and is very inconsistent. I'm convinced it's only done for their own convenience because Killington never closes trails early like that.
Try making friends with patrol and convince them you’re a good skier and they might let you help out on sweep. There’s you extra run back

Beautiful rainbow at the end of the a great spring conditions day.

Attachments

• 65D7821A-C8FE-4408-859D-996715B95990.jpeg
    65D7821A-C8FE-4408-859D-996715B95990.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 52
Gore skied well Gondola and down, but the snow is getting too loose or too many bare spots. Skied Topridge once and it just wasn't fun - pockets of good snow with chopped up hardpack. Did not go up top because I figured it would not be any better than Topridge. Happy new year all.

Quicksilver was ridiculously fun.

Back