Gore Mountain Conditions

They've been making snow on Wild Air at every opportunity since they opened, with only the leftover capacity going to normal terrain expansion. If not for that, then I'm sure they would've had time to work on Echo.
It says Echo’s open but "reserved for event"
1672327703489.png

Only the section below the intersection with Twister is being used for race training. They have not made snow on the rest and the Burnt Ridge Quad is not spinning.

Unless there is a ton of natural snow, Burnt Ridge opens mid-January. It is the least used HSQ in the East.

They've been making snow on Wild Air at every opportunity since they opened, with only the leftover capacity going to normal terrain expansion. If not for that, then I'm sure they would've had time to work on Echo.
The long connector traverses might be tough to cover before the WUG comes to town.
Hopefully some nights get cold enough to open more trails and keep up what’s now open.
1672330145247.png

Last year things were ready in February.
With all the hype given to the new trail from Burnt Ridge to the ski bowl interconnect and the new (not yet begun) lodge earlier this year, and the relatively few days that the connection has been open in the past, many were hoping (at least I was) that the interconnect trails would move up on the snowmaking priority list so it could be open more days going forward. The decision to concentrate resources on building the WUG glacier, which benefits exactly NONE of the paying customer, may instead push it even later than in the past.

You forgot the /s.

Back