Gore Mountain Conditions

The word of the day...Inversion! Anyone who ventured to the top knows you have to go to know. When they dropped the rope to top ridge the ski patroler said you could only go Uncas to straightbrook. Everybody listed but us...there was no rope so we did top ridge. We got first track but there was no evidence...it sucked. Then we did Uncas to straightbrook...and never left that and High Peaks. We did upper Open Pit to Lower Darby 5 times in a row before anything else. The bumps on Open Pit may have been the best bumps I have skied this year. Hawkeye, Open Pit and Lower Darby turned a day I thought I was going to go home early to a damn we got to Beck's and the bar was full and had to get a table. I love it when you are expecting something and what you actually get far exceeds expectations. You gotta go to know. I had many people tell me they left early....woops

Is Gore in danger of losing a bunch of their terrain to this horrible thaw? Don't want to show up tomorrow and find half of what they previously reported open closed.

Is Gore in danger of losing a bunch of their terrain to this horrible thaw? Don't want to show up tomorrow and find half of what they previously reported open closed.
A few hours of rain and not going anywhere close to freezing tonight. I’d take the snow report with a large dose of salts.
Rest assured that there will be plenty of snow on Wild Air and Arena.

Don't Go and you won't know. Mad River (my absolute favorite mountain in the east) doesn't have near the fire power of Gore's snowmaking. Wild Air has a shit ton of snow and quicksilver was holding up well for the bottom. Didn't ski twister or sunway to the end. Showcase isn't going to make it without creativity. North Chair and Summit will be incredible if they don't groom. If you like bumps Open Pit and Darby and Hawkeye. I will be back Monday to see what's left. ski what you want but ropes matter with this weather...

I believe they are. I love Gore but sometimes their conditions report is more aspirational than say MRG. I think their is a reasonable chance SBQ does not open until 11 or 12. Physics is physics. Just telling my family over breakfast that if we even take Sunway, we need to take otter slides as their may not be enough snow on the corresponding part of Lower Sunway.

Gore skiing very nice today. Uncas might be a bit hairy but would GUESS that top is nice.

Pulled up at 9:15 95 paces from the resort at empty lot. Skied 3/4 of half a day to 12. Soft hero snow as of 10 am. Day 6 of 7 ski days straight. Legs getting tired. Ski bowl fun at night.

I know the thread was broken out, but I am planning on skiing tomorrow so I looked at the Gore conditions....knowing what I know from yesterday, suds will be on Open pit until I can't stand anymore. Tomorrow will have something for everyone...it's getting thin but at Gore, you can almost always find something fun to ski...
cue signature

Back