Gore Mountain Conditions

What happened to AE2 today? IT ran yesterday.
I checked the cam around 10:30 (?) AE2 was spinning and lines were nil.

Focus on the days you were whisked to the top, not the days you were cursing the mechanical complication that makes the lifts more prone to down time.

I checked the cam around 10:30 (?) AE2 was spinning and lines were nil.

Focus on the days you were whisked to the top, not the days you were cursing the mechanical complication that makes the lifts more prone to down time.
All the improvements in snow making likely would not have happened without the WUGames. A little suffering this year will reap dividends for years to come.

The biggest problem with ORDA is that they undertake massive expansions or sign up to host large events without making the necessary upgrades to snowmaking infrastructure. By the time they upgrade their snowmaking, the cycle just repeats, so they're always playing catch-up. The result is that while the mountain has doubled in size, half of it isn't open half the season.

Gore tapped the Hudson River for snowmaking in 1995, right-sizing the system for the terrain they had at the time. Afterwards, they added Bear Mountain, Topridge, Burnt Ridge, and the Ski Bowl, and their system was woefully undersized again.

In 2018, they increased their snowmaking capacity by 40%, right-sizing it for the terrain they had at the time. But then they signed up for WUG. While WUG is a one-time deal, they've been hosting other large freestyle events that also require an insane amount of snowmaking on Wild Air. And between this year and next, they're doing yet another terrain expansion.

Even the upgraded system is now woefully undersized again, because they kept adding terrain and are now holding events that require massive snowmaking commitments.

Crazy lines in the morning with AE down. Probably 45 mins easy for gondola. Was great with no lines once they got it spinning around 11am

All the improvements in snow making likely would not have happened without the WUGames. A little suffering this year will reap dividends for years to come.
The WU games got the funds necessary to keep lake placid relevant for the next 20 years.

Nice skiing today. Skipped hawkeye as only got up in that area around.

Yesterday both Topridge and Hawkeye were firm and fast on groomed area but very sweet bumps skier's left (TR) and right (HE) that let you avoid the nasty. Open Pit was fun today but even better yesterday. Perhaps because of sun but skier's left was very nice.

Good lesson with Todd D yesterday. Teaching staff is great - both kids showing improvement after lessons.

Ended today lapping Little Dipper with my son - perhaps the underrated trail at Gore.

Crazy lines in the morning with AE down. Probably 45 mins easy for gondola. Was great with no lines once they got it spinning around 11am
We got on the gondi once with the bad line and I timed it at about 16 minutes. Then we stayed up for a while and got lucky that Ae2 opened when we came down. Not sure if I hit the worst of the Gondi line. You can always tell if Gondi is bad by looking at Sunway! If it has anything that looks like a line you are in trouble. After that Ae2 up for a bit.

Back