Fish Tales

Agree, bass fishing is a real hoot. I've been catching them out of my pond for the last couple of weeks. Couple of them are fat with eggs.

Yes the smallmouth Steve caught squirted milt on the floor of the boat. We were surprised that was a male fish pretty big for a male.

Carp should be catch and kill only. My neighbor shot one in our creek that was 42” with his bow. Makes good fertilizer for the garden. A few ethnic old timers used to come around fishing for them. They had some recipe that was able to deal with all the bones. I think it was some sort of chowder or something. Cooked it for a long time in a pan and the result was described as a type of delicious motor oil. Took their word for it. Never tried it. They would chum with oatmeal and put a little dough ball on the smallest of hooks. Huge problem in a lot of rivers.

Over the weekend we went to our honey hole of a pond (20 acre pond). Between the 4 of us we had to of caught 80 bass. What hoot.
and no invitation? ehh I'm not posting anymore:p

The tug is the drug, allegedly.
They put up an awesome fight.
I've landed a few 25-30 lbs. from the NYC reservoirs. Actually quite useful for keeping the reservoirs clean especially the bottom. Not great eating though.

Back