Fall Weather 2022

" uh hey man no need to obsess, it'll be here when it gets here man and not one minute before" says AL SLEET the hippy dippy weatherman . When asked about the detail " uh hey man its gonna be DARK followed by Increasing LIGHT "

" uh hey man no need to obsess, it'll be here when it gets here man and not one minute before" says AL SLEET the hippy dippy weatherman . When asked about the detail " uh hey man its gonna be DARK followed by Increasing LIGHT "

From OpenSnow this morning... not good--- which is why I've learned to be patient. What makes this feel even worse is that Utah is experiencing peak epic February/March like conditions right now. I had hoped to use my Ikon in December before the masses are out on break but now doubting that. Now if we get into January and it still looks like this then I might turn homicidal :)

Extended Forecast from OpenSnow:
I've been talking about the potential for another storm next week (it's always next week, right?). Our Greenland block has been producing an atmospheric traffic jam for us and producing a pretty strong negative North Atlantic Oscillation (high pressure over Greenland and low pressure near the Azores). These scenario can be good for New England snowstorms when they combine with ridging over the Alaska to drive cold air into the U.S. So when's our snowstorm?

Our forecast models are continuing to trend in the wrong direction driving cold air into the western U.S. instead of over the central and eastern U.S. As a result, the storm track for next week is setting up to push a storm from the Central Plains into the western Great Lakes.

Overall, the NOAA Climate Prediction Center is pushing for warm and wet for the week ending December 20th over New England, which is consistent with a storm track up through the Great Lakes. It's not necessarily a snowy pattern. Sorry folks. The models have continued to struggle in week-2, so hopefully we'll get a flop in the right direction for once.

All I care about this right now in regard to weather is seeing the local reservoir levels getting back up to some state of normal. You can see the bare dirt bottom of what I would say is 65%+ of the reservoir systems that surround my locale. Some spots have been dry for so long grass has grown and the deer are grazing on what would typically be 3ft or more of water. Hurricane season didn't seem to bring the needed precipitation to the area, hopefully this winter will be different.

Here in NNJ it is 59F with steady drizzle since 8am. There has been some rain mixed in. (n)

From OpenSnow this morning... not good--- which is why I've learned to be patient. What makes this feel even worse is that Utah is experiencing peak epic February/March like conditions right now. I had hoped to use my Ikon in December before the masses are out on break but now doubting that. Now if we get into January and it still looks like this then I might turn homicidal :)

Extended Forecast from OpenSnow:
I've been talking about the potential for another storm next week (it's always next week, right?). Our Greenland block has been producing an atmospheric traffic jam for us and producing a pretty strong negative North Atlantic Oscillation (high pressure over Greenland and low pressure near the Azores). These scenario can be good for New England snowstorms when they combine with ridging over the Alaska to drive cold air into the U.S. So when's our snowstorm?

Our forecast models are continuing to trend in the wrong direction driving cold air into the western U.S. instead of over the central and eastern U.S. As a result, the storm track for next week is setting up to push a storm from the Central Plains into the western Great Lakes.

Overall, the NOAA Climate Prediction Center is pushing for warm and wet for the week ending December 20th over New England, which is consistent with a storm track up through the Great Lakes. It's not necessarily a snowy pattern. Sorry folks. The models have continued to struggle in week-2, so hopefully we'll get a flop in the right direction for once.
It looks like another rain event next week. The pattern looks to change after that and deliver some actual SNOW around 12/20-12/23.

Back