F Vail

Lynch is not a leader, she is a Woke culture affirmative action CEO.
Her algorithms may have worked in a consumer product business but they don't work in a skiing, travel, entertainment, service business. That and killing off your future customers by eliminating groups, clubs, schools, and raising the day rate so high that very few will take up the sport is not a good long term strategy.
But that's OK. The execs will take take their stock profits before the fall, wipe their hands of the business, and leave the remaining stock holders and banks holding the bag.

Katz cut his teeth as an investment bank guy. The debt is just part of the game and, currently, the debt is cheap.

Her algorithms may have worked in a consumer product business but they don't work in a skiing, travel, entertainment, service business. That and killing off your future customers by eliminating groups, clubs, schools, and raising the day rate so high that very few will take up the sport is not a good long term strategy.
But that's OK. The execs will take take their stock profits before the fall, wipe their hands of the business, and leave the remaining stock holders and banks holding the bag.
Agreed. She used to sell sugar water back at PepsiCo (as a Chief Marketing officer). She is full of typical marketing bs.
She has no idea how to run ski resorts.

VD, Katz is somewhat similar.
Don’t know the date on this but Katz is different than others I’ve met who actually managed smaller mountains.
Dono.. I am not a fan of this Katz guy. On the photo from your link the guy looks like a prison warden, people at the background are wearing anti-riot outfit & equipment LOL

Definitely not a family friendly place. I am sure he was replace with a female CEO just to facelift Vail's facade. It fails miserably.

To be fair she's been at VR for 10 years. Not like she's fresh out of the soda fountain.
She is a typical marketing "PowerPoint presentation" kinda corporate rubbish. Who could speak for hours and says nothing. She could paint Titanic pink but it is not gonna save it. And she is out of viable ideas :)

Back