F Vail

Multi-resort pass sales start in the spring. By fall, the numbers are well known.

Big question is what the pricing will be like for Epic . . . can't repeat another 20% decrease. A 20% increase back to pre-pandmic levels?
If they paid me to ski at a Vail Resorts Inc's shitshow I wouldn’t.

I don't know the lingo or about shorting. I do know that anything that is truly known as a fact is already priced into a stock.

Does the act of shorting (if enough people do it) put downward pressure on a stock?

Also would like to hear opinions, if Vail implodes how will that effect skiing as a whole, and skiers at Vail mountains and skiers at other mountains? Do we need to watch what we wish for?

I couldn't figure out how to put both of these on the same graph. Looks like the downward pressure started in early November...

SP500

Vail

Stuff :)
looking at shorting MTN maybe. The stock is gonna drop
Well of course what MTN could do is announce a stock buy back "because they believe their stock is a great value"... thus propping up share prices. Kind of what companies have been doing for the last decade with all the cheap money available. The executive teams across America have benefited richly from such practice.

I don't know the lingo or about shorting. I do know that anything that is truly known as a fact is already priced into a stock.

Does the act of shorting (if enough people do it) put downward pressure on a stock?

Also would like to hear opinions, if Vail implodes how will that effect skiing as a whole, and skiers at Vail mountains and skiers at other mountains? Do we need to watch what we wish for?
Vail is too big to maintain resorts properly. They are spreading too thing. Facebook can grow indefinetely in cyberspace. In the offline world it is virtually impossible. Too many moving parts. Local companies could be more successful running their resorts. It is their communities after all. Maybe issuing limited amounts of passes, maybe scheduling - just like movie theaters. It would be stupid to issue 1000 movie tickets for a blockbuster at theater which has only 100 seats. Something like that.

So if Vail goes down, all the ski areas would be sold and continue to operate?

You are new, so you might not know, I am not a fan of the impact of Vail on skiing, and I certainly hope they don't buy any of my favorite mountains. Just wondering if we are screwed either way, if Vail lives or if they die?

Well of course what MTN could do is announce a stock buy back "because they believe their stock is a great value"... thus propping up share prices. Kind of what companies have been doing for the last decade with all the cheap money available. The executive teams across America have benefited richly from such practice.
Could be. But something tells me they are short in cash. AAPL could do such stunts. MTN - I doubt

I believe the way it works is when a trader short sells the broker sells shares on the traders behalf, thus yes, putting downward pressure on the stock. When the trader exits the position he/she buys them and restores them to the broker and receives the difference in the initial sales price minus the buy price. Exiting the position would put upward pressure in the price.

I'm not expert so take this with a grain of salt

Back