F Vail

Raise the pass price.

Some will probably drop off anyway?

Thats a tough issue. Clearly it has to do with pricing. Where's the line between selling a loss-leader and predatory pricing? On the other hand, a pass is supposed to give you access to actual skiing. How long do the lines have to be before you can claim they're not delivering what you paid for?

Thats a tough issue. Clearly it has to do with pricing. Where's the line between selling a loss-leader and predatory pricing? On the other hand, a pass is supposed to give you access to actual skiing. How long do the lines have to be before you can claim they're not delivering what you paid for?
I think there is a lawsuit based on this somewhere.

If they fix the crowding issues, pay their staff a fair wage, and generally run the mountains better would you start spending money at that mountains?

Just from my personal standpoint---
I've only been to 2 vail run mountains for a family trip in Feb 2020. 3 days Breck at a Ski in/out non VR property and 1 day trip to Vail. We had a wonderful time. We start early and ski late and don't stop to buy food. We always carry our own food and water for the day when we're at a big mountain, and I don't see that changing.

My current position is that I will not go to any VR for any reason until they fix these issues. But now being more aware of what VR is doing, even if they do address some issues, I'll still avoid them because I don't like resorts that feel like Disney. I prefer more rustic, laid back places. I also loath big corporate takeover of ski mountains and towns that answer to wall street.

I'm stuck with FAIL, my mountain home is right in the middle of all these FAIL properties..........so I've made a concerned effort to NOT spend any money at them. I bring my own food and drinks with me. I buy nothing while I'm there!
Attaboy Rich-T ?

It’ll be interesting how this plays out.
Negotiations have been goin on for a long time.

And this tidbit.

Raise the pass price.

Some will probably drop off anyway?
At what price do people start to drop away though? Vail has created a pretty unbeatable value proposition in theory. They just have not been able to deliver on it. If they paid on mountain employees fair wages, ran regular maintenance on lifts and other infrastructure and really leaned into blowing snow IMO $2K would be a justifiable cost for Epic.

Unfortunately I see things going a different way, more pay to play add ons and privileges, Airline club style. Want to ski Hunter West, thats a $500 add on to your pass price. The Hermitage private ski club model is the only thing that could really do damage to the Vail model in my mind. Places like that and the Yellowstone Club prove that if you're in the right tax bracket, no cost is too prohibitive for a decent ski experience. Those peasants who can't saddle up half a mil for a condo and $40K in annual dues will be stuck skiing with the masses.

Back