F Vail

Hunter and weekend lines have existed since forever. Hard to blame Vail for that. Hunter is for midweek skiing until March. Go to Plattekill on weekends.

Belleayre had 161K visits last year. Hunter might do 3 times that number. That is why Hunter is more crowded than Belleayre.

I've never shorted a stock before, but with so much anger and bad press still to come, and the stock trading at a ridiculous 85x earnings, I decided to give it a shot on Friday.

So far so good, I'm up 5.5% on my short.
Guess this goes here.
Opinion piece from Park City.
&
& meanwhile getting to the Sunapee Jam-fest.

Last edited:
Guess this goes here.
Opinion piece from Park City.
&
Love this quote "A friend sent a Wall Street analyst’s report on Vail Resorts stock. He rated it as a “sell” because the business model of the Epic Pass is creating overcrowding and a poor customer experience that is “not pleasing their customers.” They won’t buy again next year. Why is Wall Street commenting on lift lines? Because Wall Street is running ski resorts. Instead of skiers. What could possibly go wrong?"

vail

It is funny how V optimistically reported to Wall Street up to 45% increase of passes. However "pass" is a contract for the service yet to be provided. And they are failing to provide proper service (due to covid, snow, poor workforce, etc, etc). MTN stock is gonna go down deeper than the rest of the market.

The real impact may not be seen until next fall when people don't renew their passes. But I'm hoping the expectation of decreased sales and higher costs drives it down a bit more

I'm stuck with FAIL, my mountain home is right in the middle of all these FAIL properties..........so I've made a concerned effort to NOT spend any money at them. I bring my own food and drinks with me. I buy nothing while I'm there!

If they fix the crowding issues, pay their staff a fair wage, and generally run the mountains better would you start spending money at that mountains?

I'm stuck with FAIL, my mountain home is right in the middle of all these FAIL properties..........so I've made a concerned effort to NOT spend any money at them. I bring my own food and drinks with me. I buy nothing while I'm there!
Rich, would you share (generally) where you are?

Also did you vote? ?

Back