F Vail

As ya said, there’s a lot there. They had a podcast that went along with it but seemed easier just like looking at the pictures.

Who has an Epic Pass?

Interesting idea posted on AZ: Buy Vail stock so when you are waiting in line you can think about the upside.

Interesting idea posted on AZ: Buy Vail stock so when you are waiting in line you can think about the upside.
So I can get fucked two ways by the same company? I'll stick with losing money on my renewable energy positions. I can't imagine owning stock in a company whose profits are directly tied to snow fall.

I had a conversation with someone the other day about how likely it is that Vail will move to a concessioner model and own nothing in the future. Directly partnering with Rosi and Burton to manage their rental shops that they can take a percentage of, food and bev concessioners like Shake Shack and the lot. Far as I can see the company has not incentive to really own anything, especially with their dynamic in the west leasing land from the feds. Corporate consolidation = increased efficiencies = good for consumer... :sick:

Who has an Epic Pass?

Even though I hate them, and just bought a full Ikon for next year, I may actually renew my northeast midweek senior pass. I'm waiting to hear from them about some sort of credit or refund from last season, which I never knew I was getting, but they sent me a cryptic email a few weeks ago to stay tuned, some sort of money is coming my way. As it stands now, that pass is reduced to $271, so, if they credit me something, getting it down to 225 or below, then it's an offer I can't refuse. I hate them, but, I'm also a cheapskate.

Even though I hate them, and just bought a full Ikon for next year, I may actually renew my northeast midweek senior pass. I'm waiting to hear from them about some sort of credit or refund from last season, which I never knew I was getting, but they sent me a cryptic email a few weeks ago to stay tuned, some sort of money is coming my way. As it stands now, that pass is reduced to $271, so, if they credit me something, getting it down to 225 or below, then it's an offer I can't refuse. I hate them, but, I'm also a cheapskate.
They be goin for retention subscriber model to keep ya coming back for more. So ya got that goin for ya. Good luck in yer endeavors Ben.

I mean, at a certain point, it's free skiing. Like when I was talking to a Sugarbush CSR in the lodge about my 129 Boomer pass a few seasons ago, and he said, you know, we're paying you to ski, and I said, yup.

You can also buy a fully cooked rotisserie chicken at Walmart for $4.50

So I can get fucked two ways by the same company? I'll stick with losing money on my renewable energy positions. I can't imagine owning stock in a company whose profits are directly tied to snow fall.

I had a conversation with someone the other day about how likely it is that Vail will move to a concessioner model and own nothing in the future. Directly partnering with Rosi and Burton to manage their rental shops that they can take a percentage of, food and bev concessioners like Shake Shack and the lot. Far as I can see the company has not incentive to really own anything, especially with their dynamic in the west leasing land from the feds. Corporate consolidation = increased efficiencies = good for consumer... :sick:

It was intended as a joke, not a serious proposal for an investment strategy.

Are you an epic passholder?

I mean, at a certain point, it's free skiing. Like when I was talking to a Sugarbush CSR in the lodge about my 129 Boomer pass a few seasons ago, and he said, you know, we're paying you to ski, and I said, yup.

What's the thinking? F&B? You'll bring the grandkids? You'll only ski midweek?

It was intended as a joke, not a serious proposal for an investment strategy.

Are you an epic passholder?
I figured as much, regardless the idea of investing in a company like Vail makes me queasy.

Never had an epic pass but did have the drifter pass the year Vail purchased Hunter, never again.

Back