F Vail

There's a recent video of somebody tumbling almost the entire length of that couloir right under the gondola,which is Big couloir. They're probably still in pain.
It’s in the Bad Wipeout thread Ben.
Dude said the day after from his hospital bed he was gonna ski it again.
Did that run count?

That's quite a document. I don't really have the patience to read and understand it.
I think (?) it's saying the goal is to get/keep ski days per ticket at 4 per season and yield $112 per day?
If that is right we are REALLY in the minority here. Even my price per day is way below that.
I guess this is as close as they come to the phrase "lift lines."
Business appears to be set up to be like a timeshare-Disney-captive-audience keep-em-subscribed for a vacation model.

I like ski areas and want them to stay in business. I also like people but I prefer when they are not around, especially on a powder day. The best days I had this year were at three defunct ski areas that were closed a long time ago. Waiting in lines? No thanks, I’d rather hike.

A forum member recently said something to the effect of: "running a ski area is a business so don't be surprised when they treat it like a business."
I wasn't implying any surprise.

Businesses need happy and satisfied customers.
In their required recent forward looking statements to investors Vail states,

"All forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Such risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to...

a deterioration in the quality or reputation of our brands"

It’s a multi-national corporation trying to manage whatever it is they try to manage.

In their required recent forward looking statements to investors Vail states,

"All forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Such risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to...

a deterioration in the quality or reputation of our brands"

It’s a multi-national corporation trying to manage whatever it is they try to manage.
Every public company has this on every statement.

Back