F Vail

Easier said than done.
I dont think it's too hard, unless you live right next to one of their hills, or own a condo or home on one before it was Vailed. I'm an Ikon fan, and, yes, they have brought problems to some communities, but, overall, a much better managed company, and their mountains in the east are fine with me.

A lot of the resorts they bought from Peak (Mount Snow, Hunter, Okemo, Wildcat, etc) are close enough to population centers that they are day-tripable. So you don't need to stay at one of their lodging facilities. Stop for a nice breakfast sandwich at a local deli/diner/gas station before your day, put a snack and beverage of your choice in your pocket (stash somewhere on the mountain, if necessary) to stay refreshed while skiing/riding, at the end of the day stop for a late lunch in a local establishment and go home.

This may not work at Vail or Crested Butte (no idea, I have never been to either), but you can still ski these places AND support local businesses.

Ok well then how about if I use my SANY card at Hunter?

Becomes a buy list for Vail. Yes I'm very cynical about large corporations.
I'm still convinced their buying days are over. Maybe a real gem here or there, but, if anything, I would expect to see them throwing some mountains off the side to consolidate operations.
This thing going on at Whistler just makes you shake your head. Such poor management. And that's a premier property.

Btw, don't know if you've been following this Bud Light debacle, but, again, an overeducated out of touch product of elite schools is given the prestige position of head of marketing for THE BEST SELLING BEER IN AMERICA, and really screws it up. I thought of the present CEO of Vail (marketing at Pepsi) and her board room compadres.

Ok well then how about if I use my SANY card at Hunter?
I skied Hunter this year for free when I uphilled in the morning. No ticket, no lift lines, no problem.
1682107879846.jpeg

I did however buy a sausage egg and cheese and a coffee in the lodge so I guess I did give them some money.

Bud Light debacle
That night I went for a Busch Light.
1682108367395.jpeg

Btw, don't know if you've been following this Bud Light debacle, but, again, an overeducated out of touch product of elite schools is given the prestige position of head of marketing for THE BEST SELLING BEER IN AMERICA, and really screws it up.
Sacked!

Btw, don't know if you've been following this Bud Light debacle, but, again, an overeducated out of touch product of elite schools is given the prestige position of head of marketing for THE BEST SELLING BEER IN AMERICA, and really screws it up. I thought of the present CEO of Vail (marketing at Pepsi) and her board room compadres.

The thing that's really offensive is that they've been peddling swill water as beer for decades

Back