F Vail

My brother-in-law worked for Coors for years. What he told me is that beer consumption overall has been dropping, and slowly but steadily the company has been downsizing, laying off. Coors has tried to capitalize on the only growing part of the business, craft beers, but not nearly enough to compensate for the drop in sales for regular beer.

I read that in 2000 beer was almost 60% of alcohol sales and now it was around 40%.

Maybe it was a bad marketing decision, but I don't really understand the uproar. I suppose they could have introduced a new brand to target the market.
What target market?

I remember when coors cans had 2 buttons u had to open

My brother-in-law worked for Coors for years. What he told me is that beer consumption overall has been dropping, and slowly but steadily the company has been downsizing, laying off. Coors has tried to capitalize on the only growing part of the business, craft beers, but not nearly enough to compensate for the drop in sales for regular beer.

I read that in 2000 beer was almost 60% of alcohol sales and now it was around 40%.

Maybe it was a bad marketing decision, but I don't really understand the uproar. I suppose they could have introduced a new brand to target the market.

Bud Lights actions are immaterial to me and I wouldn't be boycotting if I was a consumer. But The product sucks. I'm also proud to say that I'm so aloof to pop culture and social media outrage that I didn't even know about drama until last week

AB along with other big brewer's are also getting crushed by craft Brewers. .
The idea that Bud Light isn’t popular is crazy. Everyone isn’t you. They don’t necessarily have your taste in music, movies or beer:
82AC7A7C-85C9-4B14-B3C7-8BCA65EC634F.png

That was 2013. Here’s 2019 if you think there has been a huge shift in 10 years:
80A08804-66CC-4CB9-9376-33F90099ACBA.png

That's some pretty dominant share.

The idea that Bud Light isn’t popular is crazy. Everyone isn’t you. They don’t necessarily have your taste in music, movies or beer:
View attachment 20023
That was 2013. Here’s 2019 if you think there has been a huge shift in 10 years:
View attachment 20024
Popularity and quality are two different things.

It also doesn't change the fact that AB was only competing against 99 other US Brewers in 1980, primarily ~15. While today they compete against more than 9,000. Seems most every town in NY has at least 1 local brewery these days and that takes away marketshare.

View attachment 20023
View attachment 20024
FKNA Matt. FKNA.

I'm thinking that they knew exactly what they were doing. The majority of their dedicated consumers aren't going to change their purchases because of the marketing campaign and all of a sudden there's so many people talking about BL I bet their sales have gone through the roof.

Back