F Vail

Btw, don't know if you've been following this Bud Light debacle, but, again, an overeducated out of touch product of elite schools is given the prestige position of head of marketing for THE BEST SELLING BEER IN AMERICA, and really screws it up. I thought of the present CEO of Vail (marketing at Pepsi) and her board room compadres.

She's clearly Vail material

somebody will saddle up near me and order a Bud/Coors light.
That could be me. I'll order a Bud or Amstel when what I really want is water, but beer seems more appropriate.

Really the only time I drink beer is after skiing Plattekill, so I'll take whatever they have on tap.

Thank you.
Some of the most clueless insensible people I know have MBAs or other advanced degrees. MBAs and consultants have fucked up more corporations than just about anything else.
I worked for Time Life, which became Time Warner, than AOL Time Warner (hoo boy), and now, all of it doesn't even exist anymore. Gone. Poof. As late as 2002, the largest publisher in the world, with a famous and highly respected TV studio attached (HBO), and one of the most respected music labels, too. All gone. (HBO Max just took HBO off of their name. Now is just Max). I never thought I'd see this day in my lifetime.
It took me like two months and three interviews to get hired, but, finally, I thought, wow, I'm in the Big Time. I had a nice well paying but looked down upon production job, so I wasn't a guy in a prep tie and button down shirt. But, jezuz, was I kind of slackjawed at the dumb asses I had to listen to and work for at times. It was really eye opening, and I watched them destroy a company, so, yeah, I learned a long time ago that educational credentials and nepotistic networks are more poison than anything. But, it's really getting out of hand these days, if this Bud Light marketing genius is any indication.
Maybe she got hired during Covid and flew under the radar until, well, now. WFH hides some bad stuff.

But, people love that stuff. I've been in some really great bars, with a good choice of fresh small batch brews and shelves filled with the best whiskeys, and it never fails that somebody will saddle up near me and order a Bud/Coors light.

A lot of people really like Vail. It's the only mountain they ski.
A lot of people who buy single malt scotch, small batch bourbon etc inexplicably also buy Bud Light or the like.

My brother-in-law worked for Coors for years. What he told me is that beer consumption overall has been dropping, and slowly but steadily the company has been downsizing, laying off. Coors has tried to capitalize on the only growing part of the business, craft beers, but not nearly enough to compensate for the drop in sales for regular beer.

I read that in 2000 beer was almost 60% of alcohol sales and now it was around 40%.

Maybe it was a bad marketing decision, but I don't really understand the uproar. I suppose they could have introduced a new brand to target the market.

My brother-in-law worked for Coors for years. What he told me is that beer consumption overall has been dropping, and slowly but steadily the company has been downsizing, laying off. Coors has tried to capitalize on the only growing part of the business, craft beers, but not nearly enough to compensate for them drop in sales for regular beer.

I read that in 2000 beer was almost 60% of alcohol sales and now it was around 40%.

Maybe it was a bad marketing decision, but I don't really understand the uproar. I suppose they could have introduced a new brand to target the market.
I'm old enough to remember when Coors was kind of a craft beer. Somebody came back from Colorado with a six when we were in college, and we were all like, cool, wow, man. If I remember, it tasted pretty good, too.

Back