F Vail

The guy says he "loves the fact that he can ski Stowe because of the Epic Pass" after ranting about crowding and paid parking.

They cut the cost of (arguably) the northeast's most premium/luxury ski product by 70% and now it's crowded, and they are charging $30 for parking. A shocking turn of events.

I want lift tickets for a dollar, and I want to be the only one on the mountain.

Heck yeah! Go get em Harv!
FB4F0BA7-6CC3-4177-8DBF-6E055A851111.jpeg

Breck. I have heard it is their highest ticket count in the, ahem, portfolio. Maybe the highest skier visit total in the country. Certainly next week. Merry Xmas.

They cut the cost of (arguably) the northeast's most premium/luxury ski product by 70% and now it's crowded, and they are charging $30 for parking. A shocking turn of events.
For all the complaining about Vail this makes the least amount of sense to me. Why is paying for parking such a deal breaker for these people if it is still cheaper overall than it used to be when a single pass was north of $2,000?

For all the complaining about Vail this makes the least amount of sense to me. Why is paying for parking such a deal breaker for these people if it is still cheaper overall than it used to be when a single pass was north of $2,000?

If you ski 40 days Fri-Sun and Holidays, you are back at that $2000. And the old method of charging $2000 was way more convenient, and less crowded on the hill and in line.

Carpooling is a way around it, but also not "convenient" I guess.

I guess my point is paid parking was always going to be the first and most obvious up charge. Traffic and standing in lift lines all day would be my biggest gripes and the reasons that would send me elsewhere.

Some of the complainers probably didn't have a $2K season pass for Stowe before the purchase by VR in 2017. They may be people who used Liftopia or other ways to get discounted day tickets for skiing in the northeast.

What's different for Stowe is that the ski resort and town don't have a history of working together to provide public transportation. Quite a contrast to Vail Mountain, Aspen/Snowmass, Winter Park, or Telluride in Colorado. I know locals were concerned about parking issues by 2014.

Back