F Vail

Sorry, but Rutland is the pits.

Turn of the River up at Killington. Nuf said. Don't make your life miserable to save 10-20 bucks.

Booking.com is your friend in travel. It's no longer a book way ahead market. It's a, we have empty rooms to fill, now, market. Just be aware of incoming storms. The market changes fast with snow.

For work purposes I also prefer something in a populated area with strong mobile service. I have no one else on shift with me so if Wifi goes out for some reason I need to be sure I can get a strong enough signal to hot spot my phone and connect to our VPN.

Well, most wifi I have encountered in Vermont lodging has been pretty good, for recreational purposes, and I dont spend a lot for a bed. I would think that it's pretty hard to operate a hotel/motel without providing good wifi, because you'll be called out pretty quickly on social media reviews if it isn't. Most customers demand it today. Netflix needs more bandwidth than Zoom, right?

Something to watch out for in Rutland, although I never sleep there, because, midweek, the Killington market usually has an affordable bed for me: Beware of, sorry to say, welfare hotels or mandated homeless shelters. I have experienced this a few times in Manchester, where I sleep before driving up to Stratton. From what I understand, the state of Vermont is subsidizing some rooms for those that cant find anything else. "Long term tenants" I was told, once, when I complained about the trash they attempted to room me next to. ( trash = sitting outside your room playing "play that funky music, white boy" real loud while finishing a sixer and doing god knows what for drugs while it's ten degrees outside) I insisted on a new room far away. I'll bet Rutland has a lot of that. There's a few motels taking tenants like that on Rt. 4 below Pico. The motels that are actually still open. It's a poor state with a big drug problem. Be careful.

Something to watch out for in Rutland, although I never sleep there, because, midweek, the Killington market usually has an affordable bed for me: Beware of, sorry to say, welfare hotels or mandated homeless shelters. I have experienced this a few times in Manchester, where I sleep before driving up to Stratton. From what I understand, the state of Vermont is subsidizing some rooms for those that cant find anything else. "Long term tenants" I was told, once, when I complained about the trash they attempted to room me next to. ( trash = sitting outside your room playing "play that funky music, white boy" real loud while finishing a sixer and doing god knows what for drugs while it's ten degrees outside) I insisted on a new room far away. I'll bet Rutland has a lot of that. There's a few motels taking tenants like that on Rt. 4 below Pico. The motels that are actually still open. It's a poor state with a big drug problem. Be careful.
That is some very good info I had no idea about or would have even thought of. Thank you. I will definitely be lobbing in a call to see if the places I booked do this.

Sorry, but Rutland is the pits.

Turn of the River up at Killington. Nuf said. Don't make your life miserable to save 10-20 bucks.

Booking.com is your friend in travel. It's no longer a book way ahead market. It's a, we have empty rooms to fill, now, market. Just be aware of incoming storms. The market changes fast with snow.
I stayed in the bunk room at Turn of the River like, 2 decades ago. Can't remember where I skied tho.

Something to consider when you ride a chair at Stowe, after the privilege of paying 30 bucks to park 200 yards from one.

You beat me to it with this one.

You beat me to it with this one.
I just read this in the NYT. Sorry, may be behind a paywall for many. But, just highlights how Jack Welch is the root of all evil in today's corporate world. Cost cutting is why Boeing airplanes fall out of the sky and employees die on zip lines. But CEO pay is way up.

How Jack Welch’s Reign at G.E. Gave Us Elon Musk’s Twitter Feed https://nyti.ms/3NvTPA3

I’m not sure if it’s Welch or a bunch of mediocre C students misunderstanding his book but my company is full middle managers and executives who think they’re following his methods. It sucks

Back