F Vail

Yeah but even when it’s crowded there are gonna be some lifts without long lines. That’s the utility of being so big and sprawled out. You do have to know how to get around there though
I've been skiing so long there and have a friend who almost lives there, so I can enjoy powder Saturdays.

Get there early and park at the Superstar chair on the road.

I like to ski first and foremost. So I like to get 50 days per season.
Not possible for me without a K pass. Without November and April at K it's hard to squeeze 50 days into 4 months of skiing. Becomes more like a job at that point and that's not what I'm looking for.
Your obvious disapproval is pretty irrelevant to me. We all have our preferences.
Everybody is so sensitive these days.
You say quality over quantity yet you pick K with the longest season, the most trails, the most snowmaking, the most crowds. It seems you like quantity over quality. There is nothing wrong with that and I happen to agree with you. I happen to think Sugarbush is more quality than quantity, but the extra hour up to SB takes it off the list. That is the reason that I had shares for a few seasons at K and have not skied SB as much as I would like.

and Harv - where did I say I hate Killington? Maybe you can show me.
and Benny - you did say one lucid thing in your retirement haze - don't ski K on a Saturday.

Everybody is so sensitive these days.
You say quality over quantity yet you pick K with the longest season, the most trails, the most snowmaking, the most crowds. It seems you like quantity over quality. There is nothing wrong with that and I happen to agree with you. I happen to think Sugarbush is more quality than quantity, but the extra hour up to SB takes it off the list. That is the reason that I had shares for a few seasons at K and have not skied SB as much as I would like.

and Benny - you did say one lucid thing in your retirement haze - don't ski K on a Saturday.
Quantity provides quality, why would you think otherwise? you have more choices to choose the best trails ie more mountains with different elevation and the exposure , if it’s too sunny making snow mushy you go to northern sides, if you need sun or elevation to soften things up you go to south ridge, Bear mountain, lower elevation etc, if you want, no place in the east has more variables to find what you want, and they can handle crowds better then any other place, wi so many choosing the mega passes Killi doesn’t have the weekend crowds like you saw at other places this season, I don’t want to push people to go there to incease crowds but this is a cool site for info so I don’t mind

Somehow I found myself defending Vail in a (fun!) pissing match on skiology. Really more defending ski companies imperative to operate as profitable companies.

Maybe you can show me where I said you hate Killington?

Back