F Vail

I wonder if being an unlimited Ikon mountain transformed previously liftline-free Sugarbush into the Vermont version of Solitude.
I was at Sugarbush and Stratton during the week many times this season, and no lines whatsoever.

I wasn't thinking about you. I've heard lots about Killington positive and negative. The negative seems to be about crowds and too many cross trails.

I realize I've mostly skied Sundays in spring, so I guess those things didn't really come into play.

Looking back you did imply that Killington was about quantity not quality. Splain?

I've never not had fun at K. The last time I was there was in 05 for a bachelor party long weekend of skiing. There's no better place on the EC for something like that. We had ski in ski out, and took a cab out for partying at night. Next best would've been $towe, than LP and Whiteface. Imo

I was at Sugarbush and Stratton during the week many times this season, and no lines whatsoever.
Stratton has a mostly weekend crowd. I have only been there on weekends this season, but last season it was typically empty. Sugarbush has more weekday skiers, but the two weekdays I was there this season, there was at most a short line for the Super Bravo lift, and no lines elsewhere. Keep in mind that this season, weekdays were much busier than in the past because of weekend capacity restrictions and people having more flexibility due to working from home, remote school, etc. I would guess that many of those people are back to weekends next season, but some may be permanently converted.

Everybody is so sensitive these days.
You say quality over quantity yet you pick K with the longest season, the most trails, the most snowmaking, the most crowds. It seems you like quantity over quality. There is nothing wrong with that and I happen to agree with you. I happen to think Sugarbush is more quality than quantity, but the extra hour up to SB takes it off the list. That is the reason that I had shares for a few seasons at K and have not skied SB as much as I would like.

and Harv - where did I say I hate Killington? Maybe you can show me.
and Benny - you did say one lucid thing in your retirement haze - don't ski K on a Saturday.
I'm retired too...I ski midweek mostly. Crowds not an issue. Pretty reliable natural snowfall around 200" annually. Overall, K is quality to me.

Otherwise we agree...the extra hour to SB takes it off my list. At that point K is the best option considering where I live.

Yeah, Sugarbush has a location issue that keeps crowds down.

I mean, they're still selling the Boomer pass, at 199 midweek. They wouldn't be, basically, giving away free skiing midweek if there was a crowd problem.

Last edited:
Back