EVolve NY: EV Charging Stations

Even on a flat economic point of view, I believe these will be no brainers in 5 years. And Camp, they will perform much better offroad - full torque at 0 RPMs.

For sure. The torque they can make with electric is amazing.

I wish you the best of luck with your new Tesla. I'm not there yet, besides I drive company vehicles. I haven't owned a truck since?? 1994 - ish?? Honestly if I had to buy something it would be a rusted out F250, or the like.

For sure. The torque they can make with electric is amazing.

I wish you the best of luck with your new Tesla. I'm not there yet, besides I drive company vehicles. I haven't owned a truck since?? 1994 - ish?? Honestly if I had to buy something it would be a rusted out F250, or the like.
Thanks, Camp. The company I am buying from is called 'Rivian' - deliveries start in August for the SUV. They are kind of like Tesla meets Jeep.

The plan I described is for after we move. There will be no coming from NJ. Longest trips that happen semi-regularly will be to NoVT.
Harv, I forgot, or didn't know, that you were pulling the trigger to move up. Awesome!!! Congrats to you. Best, Dom.

Picked up my Tesla a year ago today, 22,000 miles so far, would never buy an ICE vehicle again! No gas stations, no service to speak of, unmatched performance.

Thanks, Camp. The company I am buying from is called 'Rivian' - deliveries start in August for the SUV. They are kind of like Tesla meets Jeep.

I got on their website. I was all ready to pre-order one until I got to the part about vegan leather --- LOL

startin at $67,500 -- wowzers --- you better keep that thing for 14yrs ;)

I got on their website. I was all ready to pre-order one until I got to the part about vegan leather --- LOL

startin at $67,500 -- wowzers --- you better keep that thing for 14yrs ;)
Nice! Yeah man. Model 3 and Y are really nice and good for normal car use. I have been saving for this thing for a while . . . .

I was wondering if non Tesla EVs could use their chargers, which seem to be popping up all over. I guess not? Also, 50 seems like a silly small number for the whole state. 500 or 5000 sounds more like it if you really want people to adopt the technology.
Less informed on this, but I believe there are converters so that you could charge Tesla on the open (CCS) system. Tesla, at this point, does not let other vehicles on its system - a competitive advantgage, as Tesla is really the only one with a nationwide system. Even if you had a converting plug, Tesla blocks with software.
However, after VW got nailed for emissions cheating, they agreed to back EV stations, which is done through Electrify America and now is pretty good nationwide.
This is why i am excited about EVolve - it is open network.

Harv, I forgot, or didn't know, that you were pulling the trigger to move up. Awesome!!! Congrats to you. Best, Dom.

Thanks Dom. You probably didn't know, it's a pretty recent development.

It still may be just a dream, but it is one we are taking concrete steps on, at this time. T minus 3.5 years and counting.

Picked up my Tesla a year ago today, 22,000 miles so far, would never buy an ICE vehicle again! No gas stations, no service to speak of, unmatched performance.

Do you charge at home? If so, how much to install that hardware? If I may ask.

Back