EVolve NY: EV Charging Stations

I think that will change soon. Batteries will last longer and cost less, plus used batteries will have some salvage value as stationary energy storage. Even now I think the biggest obstacle is the limited on-the-road charging. When that builds out EVs will dominate. I'm hoping I can find one with a manual trans.

mm
I love the manual transmission statement. These things have no transmission. You pushing the accelarator with your foot tells the motors how much output to put on the wheels.
Also, liked your point about technology reliance. Makes me think of that WALLE movie from Pixar years ago.

This video about someone in the 'normal' Model Y before and after buying a 2000 software update that gives you an accelaration boost shows you how many possibilities there are. The video is 4 minutes so not much of a time investment.

FYI, Ford was planning to use Rivian's skateboard. However, with the recent economic downturn, I think the partnership was put on hold. I believe Ford has invested cash in Rivian and has a board seat on Rivan. The seat is held by someone with the Ford family name (family member).

Henry By God Ford

All manufactures will be getting into the game. The government requires each of them to produce so many points, or sales. If the manufacturer doesn't have enough points they can buy them from say Tesla. I was at many a conference where this has been talked about, obviously it's more convoluted than what I made it but I think you get the gist.

Henry By God Ford

All manufactures will be getting into the game. The government requires each of them to produce so many points, or sales. If the manufacturer doesn't have enough points they can buy them from say Tesla. I was at many a conference where this has been talked about, obviously it's more convoluted than what I made it but I think you get the gist.
If it were not for those points Elon would not be posting profits.

What took away from that article was ,You can survive a 100 mph crash in a Tesla and still walk/ run away

Back