Coronavirus and Skiing

Hockey was an issue in Vermont last winter as I remember. That was when Vermont had travel restrictions. The hockey players were juniors at a tournament as I remember. I think the adults were the ones who got and spread COVID-19.

For the pro hockey playoffs, the arenas that were used added big air cleaners to greatly improve airflow. I read about it for the Raleigh arena since the Hurricanes made it into the playoffs. The entire lower section of seats were flow. Only 50% capacity but the players said it was very loud and sounded like a full house. The ticket prices for the lower section were reduced to encourage people to attend and sit in better seats closer to the ice. There weren't any headlines of surges after those games. Of course, that was before Delta arrived in the USA.

In general, the countries and regions that had relatively few cases last winter because of lock downs or other public health measures are starting to encounter the reality that Delta transmission is much higher. And that breakthrough cases happen, and are expected. So anyone with any sort of vulnerability should be taking precautions and not just going about living as if the pandemic is over.

It's still the case that someone with COVID-19 can be contagious but have no symptoms. They may have no idea they are exposing other people to SARS-CoV-2 by just breathing or talking or shouting near those people.

Speaking of Canada, RCR has decided to require vaccination not only for indoor spaces but also for chairlifts. They can make use of the app available for checking vaccination status.

This is from the Kicking Horse website. It applies to Fernie, Kimberly, and Nakiska too. Plus Monte-Sainte Anne and Stoneham. They are on Epic.

View attachment 10842
So yall don't think this is Ridiculous? How many people think this is ok but don't wear a helmet for ex. Or wear flip flops climbing a 13er. Proof of vacc to ride a lift will not protect you in Any way. Look, jab if you want, but you must know you too can spread and get the virus. This is why 3, 4 jabs ... So, Treatments are the key. Travel with necessary treatments, like you do for possible altitude sickness when you go to a CO high one. It's that easy. We don't need to be mean to healthy people or those that cannot do jabs.

Last edited:
I'm an Adaptive PSIA certified ski instructor. Been told I am not welcome due to not being vacc'd. Anyone know of a mountain with an adaptive program that is not following the jab narrative? I know others in this same position. I may need to work privately with folks. As I did in the summer with adaptive biking. Participants do not care, they know more about pharma corruption than any of us. They just want to DO. And need us to DO. Accepting Areas Anyone? Thank you.

Last edited:
New to the east, I know CO mtns best. Where is there a friendly to unvaxx mtn in NE? One that will Not segregate me for my hot chocolate need, for ex. I know Loveland in CO is cool. A-Basin is not and all the Vails are not. But which mtns from PA to Maine? Thx.

Pretty cool to be able to go where ever to work.

Based on your post in the other thread, you want to work at a ski mountain. Probably going to take a phone call to figure it out.

I was surprised to see how many adaptive programs there are in NY. I'd heard of a few of these, but not nearly all:

I checked out Saddleback, but didn't see anything about rules for employees:

May ultimately add this to the other thread, will leave it for now. See what other input you can get.

Back