Coronavirus and Skiing

I hope we can all let go of the anger and fear soon.
It seems there are some of us bent on keeping us in an irrational state of hysteria permanently.
I'm interested to see how this all plays out. Who will win, since "winning" (whatever that means?) seems to be all that some folks care about.
I never worried much about this pandemic and I don't care at all now.

The southeast ski resorts are taking lessons learned in 2020-21 to heart as they complete planning for 2021-22. With the cold temps and snowstorms last winter, it turned out to be a good season from a financial standpoint even with much lower F&B revenue. Online ticketing and RFID lift access has become the norm in the region. Massanutten is celebrating 50 years by implementing RFID, creating a new teaching/beginner area and announcing major expansion plans for the next few years.

The Indy Pass locations in the region are Bryce, Massanutten, Canaan Valley, Winterplace, and Cataloochee.

Here's a summary, with comments from people in charge of a few SE resorts (NC, VA, WV).

October 20, 2021

I found these on Amazon that will work well on a landyard under a jacket or sweater.

3 Pack Vaccine Card Holder Vaccine Card Protectors Waterproof with Resealable Zip CDC Vaccination Immunization Card Protector Sleeve Cover for Vaccination Card Plastic Vaccine Holder Card Cover

I found these on Amazon that will work well on a landyard under a jacket or sweater.

3 Pack Vaccine Card Holder Vaccine Card Protectors Waterproof with Resealable Zip CDC Vaccination Immunization Card Protector Sleeve Cover for Vaccination Card Plastic Vaccine Holder Card Cover

I would hope people won't need to carry their CDC card with them. Most events requiring vaccination are okay with a picture on a phone. I bring my card along on trips but it stays in my car or room.

A few Canadian provinces have apps that seem similar to what NY did.

Speaking of Canada, RCR has decided to require vaccination not only for indoor spaces but also for chairlifts. They can make use of the app available for checking vaccination status.

This is from the Kicking Horse website. It applies to Fernie, Kimberly, and Nakiska too. Plus Monte-Sainte Anne and Stoneham. They are on Epic.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.09.12 PM.png

No way non Canadians and non Europeans are going to get registered on an app In those countries. But they say our cards are good. So, I think that cheezy paper card will survive well and will be easily accessed in that sleeve hung around your neck. Needs to be protected, imagine if you lost it.

Back