Coronavirus and Skiing

Harvey gets the "brevity is the soul of wit" award for the mask summary...well done! It seems that everyone has one grievance or another these days.

Moving back on topic, how do you all think the upcoming ski season will be affected by the current state of the covid situation? I am looking at two weeks in VT (Jan 24 - Feb 5) as a reward for never ending 60+ hours/week of work and expected AirBNB prices to be way down but it seems that they are actually higher this year. Was planning on one week for family (wife, kids, grand kids, etc.) and one week for just the guys...not sure if my budget can handle it now that I've seen the prices. Clearly there is already a high demand despite the predicted worker shortages at the resorts.

On a darker note, I'm afraid that cases/deaths will spike to astronomical record levels this Winter so it may be a mostly X-C season for the second year in a row. I do love X-C and it's a great workout but it's not downhill. Fortunately I'm wrong at least 1/2 of the time so it's easily a 50-50 bet.

Not that I care what others may think, but I never use N95 at all. Neither does my high-risk husband. He'll use KN95 when in a higher risk situation or a cloth mask otherwise.

I do care when someone lies about me. I never said that I wore one on a plane because I don't. I used KN95 in Dec 2020, then switched to Primal 2.0 with the filter installed for ski trips in 2021. What I've said because it's true is that my physician ski buddy used N95 on planes. He obviously needed to be very careful before he was vaccinated in late Dec 2020 since he was helping to care for COVID-19 patients during that surge.
Rt on Marz.

FWIW, when I am in riskier situations I do the disposable under a cloth mask; at least the info I have seen suggests that it gives protection comparable to a KN-95 or N-95.

One of the reasons I do that is because of my understanding that a health care worker, or other essential folks need an N-95 way more than me or most of us.

Sorry Camp. Your partner is one of many heroes. Real heroes.
Thanks but as I tell her, we're in this together. It really is a shame that this go around isn't getting the media attention it did before. These healthcare workers are wore the F out. They need help as there isn't enough of them to provide safe care for their patients, and administration really doesn't seem to care about that. Send in nurses and doc's from the National Guard or something like that. Shit will hit the fan if something isn't done.

I guess the topic is back.

Counterpoint: Buying an N95 is patriotic.

I am sorry - I replied and then realized that this was a heated issue. My bad. I should 'listen' more, speak less sometimes.

Back