Coronavirus and Skiing

Thanks but as I tell her, we're in this together. It really is a shame that this go around isn't getting the media attention it did before. These healthcare workers are wore the F out. They need help as there isn't enough of them to provide safe care for their patients, and administration really doesn't seem to care about that. Send in nurses and doc's from the National Guard or something like that. Shit will hit the fan if something isn't done.
Agree. I don't know if it is because of the 20 minute news cycle we are in, but it aint good. I am sure some of the consumers of the news are just tired (which is very unfair the health care workers dealing with sick patients, including some who choose not to get vaccinated). Then all this stuff has become political (and I really don't care what anyone's politics are).

I saw yesterday Pfizer submitted for approval for 5-11 to get vaccinated; I can't wait until my kids (who are in that age group) can get it.

ABasin announced their vaccination requirement for employees a few weeks ago. At the time, over 90% of the current employees were already vaccinated.

September 17, 2021

Snowbird made an announcement about employee vaccination in early Oct. The info is on the general COVID-19 webpage plus the Jobs webpage.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 9.50.23 AM.png

So to recap.

Marz may or may not have worn a mask one time that may or may not have been in short supply at that time.

XT is offended.

Can we move on?
You move on as you wish that is what you fucking do anyway right? Why say Marz only did that one time? make others look like shit but cover for that ugly spammer? if you had friends/family working construction breathing dirt you would be pissed off at someone wearing N-95 masks for skiing but you don’t and it shows

Isn’t there a wave somewhere to be paddled?

You move on as you wish that is what you fucking do anyway right? Why say Marz only did that one time? make others look like shit but cover for that ugly spammer? if you had friends/family working construction breathing dirt you would be pissed off at someone wearing N-95 masks for skiing but you don’t and it shows

I have no idea what mask Marz wears, or when she wore them. Based on your comments, I assume you must be very handsome. Post a selfie.

I do have friends in construction, I saw them this weekend. They seem to think masks are silly. They've all had covid too. They certainly don't wear masks when digging dirt, that's what we were doing this weekend.

All I can figure is that you're looking for something to be mad about.

I have no idea what mask Marz wears, or when she wore them.
For my flight to ski in Utah in Dec 2020, I wore KN95. After that I used the Primal 2.0 with a filter inserted. Lately I'm using the Primal without the filter at my fitness center. After going on a few "free Fridays" I decided it made sense to re-start my membership. Wanted to use the weight machines as part of pre-season ski conditioning.

My high-risk husband has never used N95. He's retired and doesn't really need to go out that much. But he's not a worrier. First time we ate out a few times was in Sept 2020, both near our home and on a trip to Asheville to visit our daughter. He was using cloth masks before Delta made it to NC. Now he uses KN95 if he's going to be indoors for more than 15-20 min.

We have never had an N95 in our house for any reason. The skiers I know who use N95 when traveling are all physicians.

Last edited:
I think this is an instance of getting an idea stuck in your head and not being able to let go of it, like people who are still disinfecting their groceries with Lysol wipes. There was a shortage of PPE early on in this thing last year but it’s been a long time since that was overcome. If any health workers are wanting for N95s now it’s due to mismanagement by their employer, not a generalized shortage.

Back