Coronavirus and Skiing

This is true but even the bottoms don't freak me out. Who cares if I have a little chunk out of the bottom, burr on the edge. I ain't racing on the WC so I ain't even worried about that. If I blow a sidewall out I'll just flip that to the outside and let em rip.
Here, here!

My younger brother is always whining if he hits a rock when he’s with me. That’s what ptex is for, a base weld ain’t that expensive if you need to pay to have it done.

Here’s the ironical thing…that cheap sob hasn’t bought himself (or his kids) a new pair of skis in decades (ever). Hell, the last five years he’s been skiing on shit I’ve given him!

Last edited:
Here, here!

My younger brother is always whining if he hits a rock when he’s with me. That’s what ptex is for, a base weld ain’t that expensive if you need to pay to have it done.

Here’s the ironical thing…that cheap sob hasn’t bought himself (or his kids) a new pair of skis in decades (ever). Hell, the last five years he’s been skiing on shit I’ve given him!
I have a friend like that. I just gave him an old pair of rock skis.

Sadd that resort in Australia has to close
Not really closing just due to lockdowns in the major cities in Australia. The approach Australia took to the pandemic was and continues to be very different from the USA. Has more in common with Canada.

Spring came early. Hasn't been any snow on the lower mountain for a week or more. Although during a normal late season, the snow guns might have continued running longer in early Sep.

See this post for a picture of where the snow ends.

Wanna watch the 2022 winter Olympics in person?
Not much chance unless ya make a team or live in China’s mainland.

I’d say so. Junior is gonna be a liftie over Christmas break again but after that his availability is gonna be like one night a week.

This will be a big issue this winter, not only for VT but I imagine all ski areas will be struggling to fill open positions. Time will tell.
Yep. Although being able to have some J-1 employees will help some resorts.

I saw that Aspen wasn't going to bother with H2B visas. Those are usually for very experienced ski instructors from South America. Could be that Aspen isn't going to count of S. Americans behind able to get into the USA this winter.

Last winter, I heard that Colorado resorts had more college age employees than usual. There were students who decided to take a gap year instead of doing a year's worth of courses online. That probably won't be the case for 2021-22.

Back