Coronavirus and Skiing

NYC outer suburbs or the very southern edge of upstate, depending on who you ask. Neither of my kids know anybody that has been cyber-bullied to any serious extent. They are low drama and run with low drama crews I guess.

I can agree to that. I’m guessing that the current spike has abated and we’re working through the next (hopefully smaller) wave by then.
Our vaccination rate should continue to increase between now and then, so theoretically there should be more of a buffer.

I think my point was, nobody knows shit about shit, so posts like this are irresponsible at best:

There is a lot that is known. I have to believe that if it came from an animal than somewhere where it originated would have had covid. They can't find any cases like that. I don't care if it did come from the lab. Shit happens. I don't see how it could have come from any other place.

Kids in the cities don't have fist fights any more. They all have guns and they shoot each other.
This is sadly accurate.

And regarding Warp's memories of boxing that's what our parents in our neighborhood did with us when we started rumbles. Our parents knew what was going on because we were all outside with each other in plain sight. After a few rounds of boxing everyone was wiped out and too tired to start trouble. And it's no coincidence that all my best friends to this day are the people I grew up with.

If we didn’t come home from playin without grass stains, torn clothes. bruised or a bit of blood it must’ve been raining.
Sometimes it was all of the above when it rained.

If we didn’t come home from playin without grass stains, torn clothes. bruised or a bit of blood it must’ve been raining.
Sometimes it was all of the above when it rained.
You only went out once after school with your school clothes on.

The ski season in Australia and New Zealand is being heavily impacted by local lockdowns. I can't keep track any more of the short closures even for the major resorts that are on Epic or Ikon.

Both countries kept COVID-19 well under control before Delta arrived in the last month or two. One state, which includes Sydney, is experiencing exponential growth of community spread with no end in sight in spite of hard lock downs that were imposed a few weeks ago. This wave will be far worse in terms of hospitalization and deaths than anything they experienced during their 2020 winter. While most Aussies and Kiwis are willing to be vaccinated, supplies have only recently arrived in order to keep up with demand for people under age 40.

Back